SaluteMyJob's Privacy & Cookies Policy
This privacy and cookies policy sets out how SaluteMyJob (SMJ) uses and protects any information that you give SaluteMyJob when you use this website and our services.
SaluteMyJob is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SaluteMyJob may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 14 August 2017.
What information we collect about you
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Salutemyjobs services, activities or online content such as newsletters, job alerts, live chats, job applications, candidate registrations, telephone or email SMJ we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and postal address, telephone or mobile number
- Information collected about your use of SMJ services
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information and sometimes sensitive personal information (for example if you’re applying for a job or registering with our recruitment service). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
What we do with the information we gather
SMJ will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that SMJ may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, e.g. to provide you with password reminders, to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, to notify you of updates to our Privacy and Cookies Policy, to let you know if your SMJ account has become dormant and to ask if you would like to use it again before we close it.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If you are subscribed to our email newsletters, and you do not wish to continue to receive these services then you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter;
- To contact you about a job application you have made, including any content you provide.
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block; disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by SMJ;
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. SMJ may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Under the terms of this agreement SaluteMyJob.com may store and process your data in the United States. We can confirm that such data transfers are acceptable within the terms of the Data Protection Act (1998) whilst the Safe Harbor framework principles are met.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Provide insights regarding our website users and our sites’ performance, such as page views, conversion rates, device information, visitor IP addresses and referral sites.
- Partner with third party publishers, advertising networks and service providers to manage our ads on other sites. Our third party partners may set cookies on your device or browser to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites you visit, in order to provide you with SMJ ads. For example, if you visit SMJ and also use a social media platform, you may see a SMJ ad in your social media newsfeed or timeline.
How you can opt-out
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use our services.
You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn't tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies.
At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we'll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won't respond to DNT requests.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org