Location: London, Croydon, Brighton
Salary: £33,868 salary for roles inside London (+ London weighting £1,813)
£33,868 salary for roles outside of London
Shift Patterns: Early, Late & Night.
Our client is the largest train operating company in the UK with more passengers, more trains and more staff than anyone else in the country. They have very ambitious plans to improve the infrastructure, technical capability and capacity of all their rail lines.
Our client is looking for a friendly, professional and flexible Service Engineer to carry out repairs, fault finding and maintenance work in a safe manner as directed by the Production Manager.
- Carry out repair work and routine maintenance to specification.
- Carry out fault finding on units.
- Carry out component changes/heavy lift as required.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from examination (Mechanical, Electrical or Vehicle building).
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Comply with safety systems and responsibilities.
- Attend failed units outside the depot confines.
- Mentor new entrants.
Our client is looking for an ex-military person, who must:
- Have transferable experience in an Engineering field or served an apprenticeship or equivalent skills development programme.
- Be physically fit.
- Be willing to learn new skills appropriate to train maintenance.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Good decision maker and problem solver.