Salary on request
Our client is a proven leader in Defence tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare and space and intelligence.
Our client is seeking an experienced project manager be focussed on multidisciplinary design/project management of Defence and Aerospace projects. You will undertaking a broad range of projects such as airborne weapons carriage and release and electro-mechanical systems. The Project Manager will take a key role in the engineering business providing technical, commercial and business development leadership/support.
- The primary role will be to provide coordinated design/project management of multidisciplinary services, interfacing closely with technical leads, other key departments, customers and stakeholders.
- Managing projects (including budgets, resource, requirements, risks and cash flow) involving multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Taking a leading role in project meetings and providing advice to customers and stakeholders.
- Taking responsibility for technical quality/ approval of project deliverables.
- Assisting with the execution of various technical studies, surveys and investigations; the analysis of survey results of field surveys; the production of reports, designs, advice notes, strategies and other planning support documents.
- Providing advice on project and technical issues.
- Attending customer engagement events.
- Advising on performance gaps with assigned project team members.
Other duties include issuing progress reports, assisting the commercial manager with relevant aspects of the project and ensuring deadlines and budgets are met.
- At least 5 years experience within the role of Project Management.
- Formal external qualification/ accreditation to Managing Successful Projects/ Programmes or equivalent Project/ Programme Management experience to highlight competency.
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering process and relevant UK legislation.
- Excellent Commercial and Project/ Programme Management skills.
- Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi skilled teams and include monitoring associated budgets, requesting/ understanding project resources needs and motivating and managing the project's team members.
- Due to the nature of this role SC Clearance is essential.
Full job description is available on application