Location: Colchester, Essex
Closing date: 26 October 2017
This is a 12 month fixed term contract
Our client’s vision is to be the leading global law firm, advising the most prominent global corporations and financial institutions on their most important and challenging transactions and assignments.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for day to day management of the HR and L&D teams. Working closely with the People Services Manager and key stakeholders this role will focus on exceptional customer service where work is prioritized, allocated and delivered to a high standard. This role will advise on the technical and compliance aspects of service provision. There will be a strong focus on continuous improvement, identifying opportunities for process improvement and promoting best practice.
Within the team, this role will be required to create and foster an environment of continuous learning and development by mentoring and coaching the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the services are delivered and client expectations are met.
- Supporting and advising team leaders on complex or difficult issues and situations referring to the PS Manager as appropriate.
- Conducting regular reviews and 1:1 sessions with the team to develop training and personal development plans for team members.
- Ensure that quality control processes are in place and adequate to facilitate the delivery of a consistently high-quality service.
- Generation of reports from multiple systems to verify data and ensure consistency.
- Obtain regular feedback from key stakeholders to ensure appropriate policies, standards and operating procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Identify areas of improvement and solutions within the PS function.
- Working with project groups to implement improvements where required.
- Ensuring that all systems and documentation reflect firm policy and best practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and networks.
- Ability to lead a team providing direction and motivation.
- Ability to influence change.
- Extremely organised with the ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Highly motivated and capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- CIPD qualified.
- 3 years generalist HR experience.
- Knowledge of HR processes and associated documentation.
- Knowledge of UK employment law.
- Knowledge of auditing procedures.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Continuous process improvement knowledge.
- Proficiency in MS specifically Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to map process.
- Experience of working within a large HR environment.