Location: South Cambridgeshire with some travel
Our client is looking for an experienced penetration tester to join their vibrant security testing team providing a wide range of penetration testing services including network and application penetration tests.
You’ll be dealing with a variety of clients across virtually all industry sectors with a requirement for wide range of security assessments. You’d be joining a team of passionate penetration testing experts, as well as senior IT consulting experts.
Our client provides cyber security and digital investigation advice, education and technical services to all technology enabled organisations. They offer independent expert advice and pragmatic solutions to help their clients meet their transformation challenges with confidence and have gathered years of hands-on experience developing solutions for complex security problems.
As a penetration tester you will be working on client projects within a highly skilled team. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality security assessments, meeting client expectations
- Respond to client requests, helping to solve client problems and needs using your skills, knowledge and up to date technology
- Share knowledge with colleagues and assist with the mentoring of other team members
- Support the service line and sales process through pre-sales support and bid input
- Support Group IS and contribute to white papers and research documents
- Deliver technical hands-on training courses on ethical hacking and security awareness
- Provide market and technical insight through the publication of blogs to assist in developing our clients public profile
- 3-5 years working as a full time penetration tester
- Hold CREST certification (CCT or CRT) or other equivalent industry recognised qualification
- Proficient in performing both network and web application penetration testing
- Open-minded analytical approach to performing penetration testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision whilst maintaining team ethics
- Client oriented, able to communicate with all levels of an organisation with appropriate technical content
- Excellent technical presentation and reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate detailed technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able of working to strict deadlines and prioritising
- Programming skills and experience in one or more common web programming languages i.e ASP .NET , PHP, Python, Java, C#, etc
- Experience with reverse engineering
- Exploit development or other in depth vulnerability research experience
- Any other related skills and experience in application, operating system, database management, etc.