Location: Marlborough, Wiltshire
Salary: £25,000 (with some variability depending on experience)
Our client is a specialist manufacturer of a range of Microlight flexwing aircrafts, including the QuikR which dominated the 2015 FAI World Air Games microlight competition in Dubai. hey are a CAA approved A1 company and all our aircraft are designed and built to BCAR Section S standards – the world’s toughest standard!
The company is in the process of consolidating operations onto a single site near Marlborough and reorganising the business and making investment in systems and processes.
They are keen to hire suitably qualified and experienced people to work in their manufacturing operation. They build up to 30 new aircrafts a year and supply spares as well as service, repair and support 4,000 aircrafts that are in use in 32 countries.
Help to manufacture the world’s best flexwing microlight aircraft!
Our client are seeking a full time person to be responsible for all aspects of materials management. This will include managing the full implementation and operation of the Insight123 MRP system as well as the purchasing function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but highly focussed world leader in flexwing aircraft manufacture.
The Material Controller will ensure that all the necessary materials are available so that the right quantities of products are be produced efficiently and effectively and to the lowest cost. While ensuring that all the materials meet the required quality standards and specifications. The role will also include capacity planning and scheduling and other aspects of production control such as ensuring that Bills of Materials are correct.
This is a key management position within the company and the job holder will report to directly to the MD. It is also a hands-on management job within a fast moving environment where customer service is essential to the success of the company.
The job holder will be expected to manage all aspects relating to materials and as well as act as an interface to the supply chain and the production department and design function, as well as dealing with customers.
The job holder will be expected to prepare and present Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports on all aspects of materials management as well as the data integrity of the manufacturing control systems, production planning and scheduling.
This key role will also be responsible for managing the data integrity within the system and the correct use of documentation especially shop floor data collection and stock accuracy.
- Managing and running the materials control function as effectively as possible in order to achieve the necessary service levels with lowest possible material holdings.
- All aspects of the purchasing function and including analysis of supplier performance.
- Ensuring stock accuracy is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that cycling counting and stock takes are carried out as defined.
- Project planning and scheduling all aspects of the production process.
- Dealing and satisfying customer spares demands.
- Monitoring and reporting all aspects of work in progress.
- Ensuring that the systems have the required level of traceability.
- Ensuring that systems are developed in line with all necessary industry and/or environmental standards/legislation.
- Ensuring the manufacturing control systems are used to maximum benefit to work out the human and material resources needed.
- Ensure the manufacturing costings are accurate, collected and reported in the timeframes required.
- Ensuring effective communications between the various functions within the company.
- Playing an integral part in developing and implementing the company's strategic objectives.
- Ensuring adherence to the company's health and safety procedures at all times.
- Understand and implement best practice.
As a small company, every staff member’s contribution is vital to our commercial success. They don’t micro manage people but expect them to be self-motivated to be productive at all times. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who is comfortable in their own skin, with a good sense of humour, who also enjoys working in a collegiate atmosphere, is not a clock watcher and who can be productive with the minimum supervision. The ability to muck in and also be keen to learn are also key attributes.
- Management: You will need excellent management skills in ensuring that actions are taken to ensure that the required output is met.
- Leadership: Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as the role involves dealing with the MD, Design, sales and accounts. The candidate must be disciplined enough to be able to handle the responsibility and also the pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Customer Service: A strong customer service ethic and problem solving skills as well as high levels of numeracy are required.
- Aircraft Manufacture: It is expected that job holder will be educated in manufacturing management as well as have an understanding of the nuances of manufacturing light aircraft as well as have suitable experience that includes working in materials planning/inventory control as well as running ERP/MRP systems.
- LEAN Techniques: It is also expected that the job holder has an understanding and desire to implement lean production techniques in a pragmatic manner as part of continuous measurable improvement while achieving customer requirements.