Location: Selhurst, London
Salary: circa £43k
Working Hours: Monday to Friday
Our client is the largest train operating company in the UK with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country. This is a great opportunity for an energetic, passionate individual with a proven track record to work for one of the country’s busiest and award-winning rail companies.
This is a new role to the company with great prospects and the advantage of making this role your own. Your analytical capabilities and an eye for detail will be put to full use as you will be required to write clear and concise reports on the company's non-conformance and improvement. The ability to investigate and interpret data thoroughly and accurately is also key to this position with the capability to use various IT applications to obtain and input information.
There is the option of obtaining qualifications in the health and safety field such as NEBOSH.
To collect occupational health safety & environmental (OHSE) management system performance data, identify trends, identify non-conformance, opportunities for continuous improvement & facilitate the management of actions to completion.
Maintain OHSE management system databases, produce performance reports & communicate safety information to stakeholders.
Maintain & support the operation and development of the OHSE management systems including but not limited to:
- Risk assessment & COSHH databases.
- OHSE legal register.
- Accident, incident & near miss reports, investigations & actions.
- Objectives & programmes.
- OHSE training & competence records.
- Records relating to safety communications, participation & consultation.
- OHSE management system records.
- Reviews & maintenance of OHSE documentation.
- Maintain the OHSE audit plan, audit reports and associated including liaising with external audit organisations.
- Facilitate the management of non-conformity, corrective & preventative actions & escalating priority actions to senior management.
- Facilitating & recording OHSE management review.
- Active participation in OHSE improvement forums within the company.
- Responsible for developing excellent cross functional relationships with both internal & external stakeholders regarding all OHSE management system criteria & performance.
- Responsible for collating detailed OHSE performance data and assuring actions & non-conformance are assigned owners, time scales and that appropriate action is taken.
- Responsible for the identification of OHSE emerging trends and the development of performance improvement schemes & initiatives.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain accurate data for all aspects of Fleet OHSE management systems.
- Assure OHSE information is available to all stakeholders and depot customers.
- Undertake analysis of OHSE data to identify trends & weaknesses within the management systems.
- Provide OHSE performance reports by KPI, function & depot.
You will be skilled on how to communicate and convey excellent working relationships with all employees and external stakeholders and continue to develop an effective working relationship with excellent interpersonal skills and an innate ability to build constructive relationships with people at all levels and from all relevant organisations.
- Educated to GCSE level including English & Mathematics.
- High level IT knowledge including railways systems such as SMIS, XV, Q-Pulse.
- Desirable to have knowledge of railway operations (with an engineering bias).
- Working knowledge of OHSE legal requirements, standards & industry requirements.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including both verbal and written.
- Ability to analyse and collate data and record in real time.
- Ability to pro-actively identify opportunities for and to lead continuous improvement.
- Good computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Capable of achieving competence requirements of this role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of the application of OHSE in the workplace.
- Experience of managing performance in the rail sector.
- Familiar with rolling stock depots and working practices.
- Desirable to have Fleet engineering background.