Passion and service are integral to everything our client does. They don’t just offer a great welcome, they take care of all the little things that make a real difference to the experiences people have. People make companies and they want all their employees to be the most positively engaged, working together in supportive teams and always evolving to provide the best service. The foundation of their culture is to build trusted partnerships with their people and clients. This is underpinned by their values ‘Our Passion, Your Service’.
The role of the Doorman / Valet team member will provide the highest level of 24 hour customer care and service to all residents, internal employees / clients and directors in line with the agreed service level and procedures. First and foremost is to always be motivated, highly engaged to provide personalised “world class” customer care and service to all residents, internal employees / clients and directors in line with the agreed service standards and procedures. Ensuring every resident request is completed promptly and decisively, aspiring to make the impossible, possible!
- To provide a warm, courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all residents and visitors.
- To actively and positively engage with residents, colleagues, visitors, clients and service providers to build trusted relationships and ensure a seamless service experience can be created.
- To anticipate any resident needs, follow up and ensure that the resident expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- To ensure a personalised bespoke service is maintained for every individual resident knowing their preferences and specific needs.
- To show an attention to detail on all aspects of the job, whether it’s resident service or maintaining and managing the building to the required immaculate level.
- To maintain awareness of cultural differences needed to meet residents specific needs and requirements.
- To establish relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests experiences.
- To ensure that a detailed daily log is maintained for any incidents, resident requests and shift handover.
- Encourage and motivate colleagues to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Be reliable, flexible, honest and a strong advocate for Portico and the Client.
- Follow client and department safety and security policies and procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- A minimum of one year’s previous experience working in a customer service environment, preferably within a 5 star hotel or similar hospitality industry.
- Valid UK Driver’s License, a clean driving record and be at least 25 years of age.
- Great people / interpersonal skills
- To take a personal pride in doing a fantastic job.
- Able to understand, anticipate and deliver outstanding personalised service.
- Able to demonstrate a professional and organised approach to the role.
- Great team player and can take ownership and responsibility.
- Previously worked to policy and procedures.
- Logical thinker, able to spot errors and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Office programmes and Outlook.
- Awareness of current security issues/threats is desirable.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written (email particularly).