Locations: Monmouth School for Boys. MoD Rules state that the SSI must live within 20 minutes traveling time of the school to be able to respond to alarms. Therefore any successful candidate may have to relocate. School accommodation may be available to rent.
Salary: Starting salary £26-30k depending on experience. The MoD will pay 51 days volunteer allowance for weekend and additional training / duties, current daily rate of pay is £69.86 and is subject to the annual MoD pay review.
Working hours: Full time position with some weekend work required.
Start date: September 2018
Closing date: 26 February 2018
Interviews: Saturday 3 or Saturday 17 March 2018
Responsible to: The Headmaster and the Senior Management Team (through the Bursar) although some responsibility may be delegated to the contingent commander who will oversee the role.
The CCF SSI is to provide the liaison between the contingent and 160th Infantry Brigade and Headquarters Wales, including the Cadet Training Team (CTT). He / She is also to liaise with the Air Cadet Organisation via the RAF Section Officers and RAF Test NCO as required. The Outdoor Pursuits Coordinator will be responsible for all outdoor pursuits activities run by the school and include the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
CCF School Staff Instructor responsibilities:
- Be conversant with all Safety Regulations as laid down in CCF documentation, and by MOD Health and Safety Authorities to ensure that the correct standards are maintained in all aspects of training.
- Responsible for the security of weapons, ammunition and buildings.
- Liaison with MOD Security Officers, the local police, the Security Alarm Monitoring Company, Alarm contractor and be on call for alarm response to attend site.
- Arrange the maintenance of the CCF buildings, stores and shooting range, through the various authorities.
- Prepare for, and be in attendance for all periodic inspections including equipment care, stock taking, unit fire & ammunition inspections.
- Administration of officer training, recruitment and retention.
- Maintain CCF database.
- Organising training & parade days.
- Administer weekend exercises & training camps and exercises.
- Responsible for maintaining ammunition, clothing & equipment stores.
Outdoor Pursuits Co-ordinator responsibilities:
Responsible for all outdoor pursuits’ activities run by the School. This includes:
- Coordination of The Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
- Maintenance & procurement of outdoor pursuit equipment & transport.
- Arrange any outdoor pursuit activity requested by departments within the school.
- Manage the outdoor pursuits budget and keep the departments financial records.
To apply you will need to complete an application form which is available on the school website. You will be required to demonstrate where you have delivered this roles responsibilities in previous jobs.
Please send this application form plus an accompanying CV and covering letter to Mrs Sue Muir, Bursar’s PA, Monmouth School for Boys, Almshouse Street, Monmouth, NP25 3XP or firstname.lastname@example.org