Location: London, SW1
The Bar Manager is responsible for the client service, provisioning, stock control, and hygiene of three bars and associated corporate hospitality services provided to both military and civilian clients. Our client is looking to increase the scale and quality of their services and is now seeking a candidate with demonstrable experience at a managerial level in a large unit or Garrison Mess, or an equivalent civilian organisation.
They are looking for an individual with a 'can do' attitude and who is prepared serve at the bar in addition to supervising subordinate staff who work on a casual or agency basis. As the business grows so will the need to delegate effectively and to focus on the managerial and financial aspects of the bar administration.
Our client provides hospitality services to both military and civilian clients through their property in Central London. They provide a unique venue for conferencing, cultural events, business hospitality, and private social events in the heart of London. They are embarking on a major expansion of their activities and services and are looking for a full-time Bar Manager to enhance the quality and scale of the catering and drinks business.
- Bar Duties at events as set out in the diary of events.
- Organising Bar supplies in a timely fashion, managing deliveries, and stock control.
- Cash management of tills and cashing up and accounting after each event or on a daily basis.
- Cleanliness of the bar, equipment and stock rooms.
- Security of bar, stock and cash before and after an event.
- Preparing rooms for events, meetings and hospitality.
- Management and maintenance of the AV equipment.
- Client facing managerial skills at a senior level.
- Catering qualification or substantive managerial experience in the hospitality sector in either a military or civilian environment.
- Familiarity with stock control, financial management, and cash-flow.
- Client focused bartending and beverage counter and waiting service.
- Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of bar equipment.
- A high degree of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- High standards of presentation and protocol.
- Comfortable with pressure from multiple events and tight deadlines.
- 25 days holiday per annum exclusive of public holidays.
- Statutory workplace pension scheme.
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 per week. 0900-1700 although evening duty will be a regular requirement, and the working day is flexible to accommodate that.