Are you a former Service man or woman, a reservist or military spouse looking for work in Scotland? Would you like the chance to engage with Scottish employers interested in hiring former Service men and women – without the hassle of leaving your home?
If the answer is YES, then why not take part in an Online Job Fair designed to bring together jobseekers and employers in Scotland, in a careers fair environment?
When is the Online Job Fair?
SaluteMyJob will be hosting the Scottish Veterans Employment and Training Service (SVETS) Virtual Job Fair on 24th October 2016, between 9.30am and 3pm.
Who is it for?
Veterans, Service leavers, reservists and military spouses who are seeking employment in Scotland.
What can you expect during the Online Job Fair?
- The chance to chat to more than 100 employers - and these are employers who understand your military skills and experience, employers who want YOU in their business.
- You will get access to more than 2,000 jobs.
- Careers and CV advice from SaluteMyJob’s expert employment advisors.
- Online meetings with Armed Forces friendly employers.
- Live workshops and presentations throughout the day, both from SaluteMyJob and employers, who will be advising you on how to get that dream job you are looking for and how to become the most competitive candidate!
- Advice from Veterans Scotland and Veterans Assist.
- Chat room / Private chat/ Video chat with employers.
- Live streaming of a high profile ‘summit’ discussion between Business in the Community and Scottish business leaders.
What are the benefits of participating in the Online Job Fair?
- Convenient and provides ease of access from your home or office.
- No transportation expenses!!
- You can have multiple conversations at the same time with various employers and SaluteMyJob’s employment advisors.
- You get to meet employers virtually, learn more about who they are looking for and if you are the right person for the job.
- There are employers there from ALL OVER Scotland - both SMEs and those larger more well-known companies.
- Networking - It is another way to expand your network of other jobseekers.
- You get answers to questions that you might have in mind from recruiters, hiring managers, and company representatives.
- You learn about job openings and hiring processes from company representatives at virtual career fairs.
- You can apply for jobs there and then and ask employers specific questions about the company and vacancies they are offering.
What is SVETS?
The Scottish Veterans Employment and Training Service (SVETS) is a partnership between SaluteMyJob, The Scottish Chambers of Commerce, charities, commercial organisations and education providers designed to support veterans’ employment. SVETS has been awarded a £7,000 grant by the Scottish Government, to help fund the job fair and, in particular, to connect small and medium-sized businesses with ex-military jobseekers in Scotland.
The event is timed to coincide with an employer ‘summit’ hosted by Business in the Community (BITC) to discuss veterans’ employability and share best practice with employers.