Helping you develop your cyber security capability
Recognising the chronic shortage of current cyber security specialists, we work in partnership with IBM to deliver specialist training to veterans with proven aptitude on 2 of IBM’s security products (QRadar and i2 Analyst Notebook). We then work closely with each individual to ensure the best possible fit of hard and soft skills to both organisation and your role
Here we showcase our most recent QRadar students. If any of these candidates are of interest please contact Paul Ballard
Candidate Ref : SL
Location: Newbury (South)
- IOD Certificate in Company Direction
- Commercial Financial Management Programme
- CMI - Certificate in Strategic Direction and Leadership, Manchester University
- Project Management – PRINCE2 (Practitioner).
- Anti-Money Laundering Advanced Certificate, International Compliance Association / Manchester University.
- Barrister, Inns of Court School of Law and Gray’s Inn (International Trade Law option).
- Bachelor of Law, Bristol University (options included Company, European and Administrative Law)
23 years’ Legal Services experience in the British Army plus a further year spent working in Enhanced Due Diligence and Anti-Money Laundering within the financial industry.
Senior executive and leader of multinational teams. Strategic thinker who makes a productive contribution to an organisation’s management of risk and diversity of thought. System engineer and influential deliverer of both organisational and cultural change. Highly experienced advisor on legal / regulatory compliance, inquiries, complaints handling as well as criminal and professional standards investigations. Respected advisor to senior board level (with elevated security clearance) on time-sensitive operational issues that had significant legal, political and reputational risks for the UK and NATO. Negotiator of international arrangements and in joint jurisdiction cases.
Candidate Ref: EO
Location: Cardiff (Wales/South West)
- AWS training (Scheduled for June 2017)
- PgCert in Wireless Communications, University of Wolverhampton, 2017 (Graduand).
- MSc Engineering Management, University of Glamorgan, Wales
- B. Eng Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Enugu State University, Nigeria
- Cyber security and its ten domains, distance learning - University System of Georgia
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate in routing and switching
- CompTIA Security +.
- CompTIA Network +.
- PRINCE2 foundation
- ITIL foundation in IT service management V3
- Introduction to digital forensics (accredited by GCHQ)
Skilled IT/Telecoms professional who views challenges as an opportunity for learning and improvement with a passion for technological advancements. Equally knowledgeable and resourceful with determined commitment in incident and solution management to promote business effectiveness and bespoke service delivery. Professionally diverse skills relevant to improved operational capabilities and facilitate value creation for both business and customers.
Candidate Ref: JH
Location: Open on UK location
- Graduate (with merit) of Royal Air Force Officer College
- Numerous CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological & nuclear) qualifications including Live Agent Training and Advanced Exploitation
- Force Protection Officer Course
- Military Arabic Interpreter
- 1st Class Operator Military Intelligence
- Qualified Unit Security Officer
- Cyber security aware
- Developed Vetting Enhanced United Kingdom security clearance (held from 2001 - present)
- BSc (Hons) Intelligence and Security, University of Staffordshire
- MA in International Relations and Intelligence (due to complete June 2019), University of Staffordshire
A dedicated individual who takes great pride in adding real value to an organisation and exploiting areas of success. 18 years military service, commanding personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan and culminating with a Staff Officer role in a NATO Headquarter. The role involves strategic and operational level planning for overseas crises and conducting Force Protection and security reviews. Highly experienced in the Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) field, intelligence and security, high proficiency in both staff work and operations management, excellent leadership and communication skills and excels in international engagement.
Candidate Ref: GL
Location: Sunderland (North East)
- Adult teaching certificate - PTTLLS Level 4
- NVQ A1 Assessor
- ILM level 2 Team Leading
- NVQ Level 3 (Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance)
- NVQ Level 3 (Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering)
- Level 3 C&G award, Maritime Security Operations
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate
A reliable and conscientious former Weapon Engineer with wide equipment/personnel management and technical experience who rapidly identifies problems, finds solutions and implements change. A diligent and professional engineer, with a keen eye for detail who is adaptable and resourceful in challenging and diverse environments. Excellent communication and organisational skills attained over 14 years in the Royal Marines. Accustomed to working under pressure and in adverse conditions to provide high standards of equipment availability to tight timelines in service/operational constraints.
Candidate Ref: IB
Location: Wiltshire (South West)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Chartered Engineer (MIET)
- MSc in Design of Information Systems
- BCS Information Systems Project Management (ISPM) qualification.
- ITIL qualified Network Operations Manager for all UK Defence ICS and Comms networks within the Global Operations Security Control Centre (GOSCC).
- MSc The Design of Information Systems, Cranfield University
- PGC in Information Operations (Top Student Prize), Cranfield University
- Graduateship (Hons Degree equivalent) from the City and Guilds in Military Technology.
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate in IT Service Design
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Security Manager
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate in IT Service Operations
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- AGILE Project Management Practitioner
Currently employed as the IT Network Operations Manager, responsible for the day-to-day operational management for all defence-related worldwide networks. A professional, self-motivated and pragmatic team player with an adaptable and flexible style, possessing 20 years of successful ICS technical project / programme management, Operational Service Management (ITIL) and Cyber Security Management (CISM). Proven leadership and human resource skills involving managing, developing and motivating both individuals and teams to achieve objectives. Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbally and written, including published articles. Has highly developed managerial, interpersonal and social skills acquired over a long military career. Proven success in driving forward new ICS systems including projects for UK Special Forces to a value of £60m, involving development of User Requirements, liaison with contractors and delivery of capability. Awarded Royal Signals Institute Silver Medal in Nov 2015 for developing Cyber and Electronic Warfare capabilities within the Army.
Candidate Ref: GM
Location: Suffolk (East Anglia)
- MSc (Hons) Forensic Computing & Cybercrime Investigations, University College Dublin
- NVQ Level 3 - Operating & Maintaining the Performance of Telecommunications Equipment
- NVQ Level 2 – Installing & Commissioning Mobile Telecommunications Equipment
- Trained in Malware analysis techniques.
- GSEC, GCIH, OSWP, CEH and CHFI Certifications
- Qualified Radio Frequency Propagation Survey technician - cellular and Wi-Fi networks
- Currently hold DV Strap vetting status
Eight years experience as a Signals Detachment Commander in the British Army, now an experienced Police Officer working within Counter Terrorism, with expertise working at a high level when conducting and supporting counterterrorism and crime investigations. Specialised in the exploitation of communications data and digital forensic investigations.This operational experience has been underpinned by completing an MSc in Forensic Computing and
Cybercrime Investigations and additional professional and occupational courses focusing on the technical aspect of cyber enabled and dependent crime. Proven ability to work under extreme pressure in matters relating to national security. Experience of analysing network traffic using Wireshark, Moloch and Xplico. Proficient at operating the Linux OS to perform forensic examinations and Wireless penetration testing (including FPC)
Candidate Ref: CM
Location: Dorset (South West)
- MSc Cyberspace Operations and Warfare (Current), Cranfield University
- BSc (Hon) Computing and IT Practices, Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications, The Open University
- Foundation Degree of Science, Communication Systems Engineering, Bournemouth University
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma In Education
- Certified Forensic Investigation Practitioner (Digital Forensics)
- Certified Malware Investigator
- Certified Cyber Investigator
- Certified Data Collection Technician
- CCNA Cyber Ops
A diligent, enthusiastic and highly competent Cybersecurity Engineer using COTS, job specific and custom designed software and security applications. Over 10 years of IT experience as a Network Administrator and Engineer. Currently employed in the Army Cyber Protection Team (CPT) as a Cybersecurity engineer responsible for the installation, configuration and deployment tools such as Splunk, Cisco Firepower and Endace probe as well as open source tools such as SecurityOnion, PF Sense and Vyos.
Candidate Ref: WP
Location: Wiltshire (South West)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Workplace
- Associate - Institute for Information Security Professionals – CCP SIRA and ITSO
- Associate - Institute of Export
- Level 2 – Technical Surveillance Counter Measures
- CESG Listed Advisor Scheme
- ISO 27001:2009 – Lead Auditor
- PRINCE2 (Practitioner)
- ILM Level 7 and MCGI
- Security Risk Management
- Continuous Improvement – Lean Fundamentals Practitioner
- Certificate in Management Studies - 2006
- Equal Opportunities Advisors Course
- STRAPSO Course (Management of Secure Information Systems and personnel)- 2003
- Information Technology Security Officers Course
- Health and Safety Managers Course
- Supervisor Radio Course (now Yeoman EW Managers Course)
A dynamic, personable, reliable and effective Operations and Information Security Manager. Self-motivated and flexible leader with a mature and professional attitude to meet and exceed challenging objectives against demanding deadlines. An adaptable manager and team player with extensive experience in motivating and leading specialised multi-national teams in complex and harsh environments. An experienced communicator with excellent verbal and written briefing skills. Former officer in the Intelligence Corps.
Candidate Ref: AM
Location: Southampton (South)
- BA (Hons) - Intelligence and International Relations
- CMI Level 6 [Degree equiv.], Award in Management and Leadership
- Cyber Awareness Course, 2016
- Britannia Naval College – Officers training and leadership management course
- Completed by Autumn 2017:
- APM Project Management / PRINCE 2
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Highly effective and proven leader with DV security clearance (2019) with extensive global operational experience in a multitude of dynamic and high risk environments. Proven results in leading diverse teams, both in small and large organisations throughout 22 years in the Royal Navy. Throughout military career, key aspect has been project managing tasks that have been designed around information gathering, dissemination and sharing collaboratively with stakeholders. Consistently having to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and managing teams to accomplish tasks, both at the frontline and more recently at the strategic level, with writing policy and doctrine. Currently, delivering training in the management of Open Source information security, Intelligence analysis and Surveillance systems.
Candidate Ref: CR
Location: Wrexham (Wales/North West)
- Accredited as an IBM i2 Notebook user and data analyst
- Currently working towards Cyber Scheme Team Member (CSTM) and CHECK Accreditation qualifications
An entry level Data Analyst and Ethical Hacker capable of carrying out Nessus lead vulnerability tests and reports using Kali Linux platforms. An adaptable, trustworthy and responsible individual. Proactive and able to utilise the skills taught and developed through an extensive and distinguished long career in the Royal Navy.
Candidate Ref: MJ
Location: Bristol (South West/ Wales)
- Trained in Fundamental and Advanced TCP/IP and Wireshark Packet Analysis; Open Source Intelligence, Network Fundamentals, Protocol and Network Analysis.
- Successfully completed CompTIA Network + and Security +
- BA (Hons) Business Studies - University of East Anglia
- BTEC Level 5 in Management- Wessex Business School
- CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership - Royal Navy
- Open University Introduction to Cyber Security
- CMI Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading - Royal Navy
- BCS Level 1 Certificate for IT Users - ECDL, Royal Navy
- NVQ Level 2 in Public Services - Royal Navy
- City and Guilds Key Skills Level 2 - ICT, Royal Navy
- HND Business and Marketing
- Advanced GNVQ Business Studies
Forward thinking Communications Technician with a background centred towards military intelligence. Worked in a plethora of demanding analytical roles. Has the ability to drive own success whilst working to the highest standards in exceptionally challenging environments. Very effective at working independently, but also flourishes leading or working as part of a team. Possesses an innate and honed ability to adapt to new environments and an eagerness to learn new skills, especially in relation to new and emerging technologies. Looking for a diverse, dynamic, technically challenging, problem solving position.
Candidate Ref: LF
Location: Syresham (East Midlands)
- RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator – Cert no 110-001-484)
- CompTIA A+ & Security Plus Certification
A System Administrator (Tech Lead) at a leading global financial services firm, with 21 years IT experience, holding the CompTIA Security Plus certification. Main responsibilities are to assist Microsoft Window applications development teams globally to migrate their deployment processes to the new strategic automated deployment tool. Network experience includes: Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database, Querying Microsoft SQL Server2012, Informatica PowerCenter 9x Administration,Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell, IBM (Tivoli Storage Manager), Microsoft XP(70-290) , Maintaining a Windows 2003 Server Environment (70-290), Administering Microsoft SQL server 2000, MCP(Microsoft certified Professional) in NT Server 4.0, Workstation 4.0 and TCP/IP, Network essentials, IIS 4.0 and Enterprise. (MCSE, MCP+I, MCP).