Location: London with occasional travel
Our client is looking for someone who is goal oriented and highly organised to manage a number of programmes, predominantly within the serving military community. Working for the Head of Welfare Programmes & Development, the post holder will be responsible for researching, managing and implementing a range of projects and initiatives, including managing contracts with external providers, as well as a grants programme.
The successful candidate will ideally have excellent analytical and written skills, and experience of working in partnership with other organisations.
- Research the feasibility of projects, both small and large, and produce written evidence and options papers for consideration by senior management.
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of projects and the implementation of new services to members of the military family, with a particular focus on the Serving community. This includes the production of project plans, post-project reports and implementing measuring outcomes systems to gauge effectiveness over time.
- Liaise with military Community Support and individual stations to consider project proposals. Successful bids may require engagement with contractors to effect delivery and/or construction, ensuring that Ministry of Defence policies are taken into consideration and local planning consent is obtained prior to work commencing and funds are committed.
- Assess applications for grants from Stations and organisations, dealing with correspondence and enquiries, preparing and processing applications and awards, and seeking higher approval where required. Support Stations as necessary through the process, and liaise with wider internal staff, including regional staff as necessary. Compile and provide statistics and reports across the Welfare & Policy directorate as required.
- Provide support to research work across the department.
- Work closely with the charity’s Trust Fundraiser in submitting applications for external funding for projects.
- A minimum of three A-levels grades A – C, or equivalent are essential for this role
- Degree or equivalent would be desirable
- Recent experience of working within the Royal Air Force (RAF), with knowledge of internal policies and procedures.
- Experience of successfully implementing and managing the delivery of multiple projects.
- Excellent IT knowledge, including advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of creating reports.
- Significant experience of working within a case management system.
- Able to manage your time effectively, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Gather comprehensive information, demonstrating understanding and managing knowledge.
- Able to write clearly and succinctly, in a well-structured and logical way.
- Work well as part of a team and supporting others.
- Take the initiative, working under own direction and taking responsibility where appropriate.
- Experience of working within the charity sector.
- Experience of working with social welfare issues and associated organisations.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of the CARE system.
- Able to relate well and establish good relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to analyse data and information, making rational judgements and analyses.
- Demonstrate flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances, accepting new ideas.
- Willingness to accept and tackle goals with enthusiasm and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Our client is a leading Armed Forces welfare charity. Their Welfare Directorate is responsible for understanding and meeting the social welfare needs of those currently serving and their families
through to veterans of all ages. This is achieved through the delivery of a wide range of services, initiatives and programmes which last year helped over 65,000 individuals.