Well known chain of builders merchants looking for ex-military to help maintain their hire fleet. Assistant & manager roles available.
Location: Daventry. Role also available at Bridgend
Our client is the UK's leading chain of builders merchants. The chain comprises over 600 branches located all across the United Kingdom, supplying building equipment, building products, materials & timber to small and medium building contractors, as well as to the general public.
To assist in the efficient running of the Tool Hire Area Workshop by repairing, servicing and maintaining the hire fleet. To maximise customer satisfaction and minimise machine downtime by carrying out work efficiently and professionally.
- To diagnose faults and repair/ maintain a variety of small plant and tools in the fleet including compressors, mini- excavators, dumpers, small tools etc, both on and off site
- Update equipment service records once checked and tagged
- When required ensure transport and delivery schedules are maintained to provide optimum customer service
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current tool hire and industry Health & Safety procedures, ensuring compliance with all legal and company requirements
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Participate in stock take duties as required
- Knowledge of petrol and diesel engines
- Experience of mechanics and the repair of electrical OR hydraulic equipment
- Experience in contractor's plant and tools is essential
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience in providing excellent customer service
- CITB/NVQ qualification is preferable
- Driving license is desirable