The Associate Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides front line support to corporate customers, utilising personal knowledge, tools and resources within the business to understand customer issues, frame the service request and provide known solutions to customers quickly in a professional manner.
Fluent German or French essential.
Our client has a diverse and inclusive workplace where you can innovate, grow, and make an impact on the communities that you serve. As industry top performers, they aim to develop optimised high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability. You’ll find a family-like company culture where people really do look out for one another, as well as executive leadership that’s accessible, approachable, and transparent. Our client has a serious commitment to fun with things like celebrations and family-first opportunities, office scooters, and a programme that allows you to bring your dog to work.
- Maintain high availability for inbound calls / Service Portal submissions.
- Provide proactive and reactive assistance to all external customers.
- Assess and understand the impact, severity and urgency of issues.
- Understanding of and ability to ask open-ended/close-ended/probing questions.
- Troubleshoot customers product issues using knowledge, tools and other internal resources.
- Record and document all issues/activities related to customers both internal and external.
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution.
- Identify data requirements and assist with data collection.
- Assist customers with the implementation of workarounds/solutions.
- Facilitate conference calls / remote sessions to resolve product issues.
- Full ownership of technical issues until resolution provided.
- Set and manage expectations with customers, including regular and timely communications (daily).
- Identify and seize opportunities to teach the customer about product usability, best practices.
- Ability to teach complex topics.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Be available and accessible to fellow co-workers.
- Maintain a friendly, open, approachable, positive attitude.
- Understand and apply active listening skills
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Basic experience/awareness of networking fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of databases.
- Basic understanding of Web services and Security.
- Basic understanding of operating systems – Windows/Mac/etc.
- Basic troubleshooting techniques.
Customer and Personal Focus
- Analytical mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise job requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated (takes initiative).
- Strong desire to learn and develop.