Are you a Service leaver, veteran or spouse interested in a managerial or engineering job in Scotland? Would you like to gain valuable commercial experience with a multi-skilled, growing and family owned business? Our client is offering former Service men and women a unique opportunity to take part in a 4-6-week, paid 'Transition To Employment' programme, leading directly toHealth and Safety Advisor, Site Manager, Project Manager or Site Engineer roles. The aim of the programme is to familiarise ex-military jobseekers with the roles, convert and/ or 'upskill' their military managerial or engineering skills to the commercial environment and give both parties the opportunity to decide whether or not to turn a temporary, 4-6 week training programme into permanent employment.
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
As our client’s business continues to grow and develop, they are looking for an enthusiastic ex-military person with strong leadership and problem solving skills to take on the role of Site Manager.
- Undertake the management of Site staff under his/her control.
- Check drawings and ensuring that the drawing register is updated
- Assist in the scheduling of materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet the agreed programme.
- Assist to develop construction programme
- Monitor Programme
- Develop plant programme with assistance from PM and QS
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Supervise the site labour and the works of subcontractors
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are adhered to. (EQS)
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Keep a Site Diary – Site Filing
- Interact with other members of the construction site team (design Team).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate
- Arrange testing of materials as per PQP
- Ensure all appropriate records are kept to assist QS
- Demonstrate previous experience in a Site Manager role
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of managers. Presents a professional image and promotes the Brand.
- Problem Solving: Looks objectively at each situation to ensure that all outcomes are thoroughly assessed before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
- Leadership skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate staff and act as a mentor to develop others. Leads by example and is a role model who inspires confidence. Takes command and gives clear and strong direction. Effectively communicates a clear strategic vision.
- Productivity: Focuses time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit. Gets work done within a given time frame; Sets realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategies of the unit; Works effectively under pressure – balances multiple objectives; obtain information and utilizes resources effectively.
- Professional Development: Demonstrates a commitment to professional development by proactively seeking opportunities to develop new capabilities, skills, and knowledge; acquired the skills needed to continually enhance his/her contribution to the organisation.
- Project Management: Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Appointed person for Lifting
- Scaffold Inspection
- Temporary works Coordinator