As our construction clients business continues to grow and develop they are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Site Engineer to provide engineering support to the Site Management team on their infrastructure projects.
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials.
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a Site Diary.
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team.
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
- Must demonstrate 3/4 Years + experience in a Site Engineer role
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- CSR/SAFEPASS/CSCS Card
- You will need to demonstrate a strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and business requirements.
- You will need to be able to motivate staff and provide direction and vision.
- Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will need to present a professional image and promote the clients brand.
- You will need to take time to understand needs of the customer.
- You’ll need to identify and build strategic relationships.
- You be required to adopt, and encourage others to adopt, new ways of working.
- You’ll need to be able to work unsupervised.
- You’ll need to work collaboratively and use your influence to resolve issues.
- You’ll need to demonstrate your honesty, loyalty and commitment.