Are you a Service leaver, veteran or spouse interested in a managerial or engineering job in Scotland? Would you like to gain valuable commercial experience with a multi-skilled, growing and family owned business? Our client is offering former Service men and women a unique opportunity to take part in a 4-6-week, paid 'Transition To Employment' programme, leading directly to Health and Safety Advisor, Site Manager, Project Manager or Site Engineer roles. The aim of the programme is to familiarise ex-military jobseekers with the roles, convert and/ or 'upskill' their military managerial or engineering skills to the commercial environment and give both parties the opportunity to decide whether or not to turn a temporary, 4-6 week training programme into permanent employment.
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
Our client is looking for an ex-military person with strong leadership and initiative who can take on the role of Site Engineer.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and setting out points.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and subcontractors engaged in the project.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials.
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a Site Diary.
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Work to the client’s IMS.
- Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team.
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
- Demonstrate 3/4 Years + experience in a Site Engineer role
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Health & Safety Induction Including Management System
- CSR/SAFEPASS/CSCS Card
- Commercial Awareness: Strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and the client’s business requirements.
- Leadership skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate staff and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the Brand.
- Customer Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those initially expressed. Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long term interest.
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who will be useful now and in the future in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Initiative: is able to work alone to get results in an effective way. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working. Ability to work unsupervised.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.