Location: Bisley, Surrey
Our client is looking for a Shooting Manager to plan, organise and oversee the conduct of all their shooting activities throughout the year. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who’s been in the Armed Forces and is passionate about contributing to the development of young people and helping them become responsible citizens.
Our client was formed in 1969. Their purpose is to promote and organise the sport of competitive target rifle shooting across various youth movements. They work in partnership with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and have close working relationships with the National Rifle Association (NRA), the National Small-bore Rifle Association, the Clay Pidgeon Shooting Association and British Shooting.
- Plan and organise national finals across the major shooting disciplines, winter postal competitions, courses and conferences.
- Assist with the selection of UK international teams; help with the hosting of teams visiting the UK.
- Manage and control rifles and ammunition. Secondary duties will include health and safety and security.
- Ensure that all competitions, events and training are entered appropriately on the MoD’s WESTMINSTER database.
- Able to motivate and inspire others; effective manager and competent organiser.
- Intelligent, reliable and able to reach balanced decisions.
- Experience of shooting and range work and working safely with rifles and ammunition.
- Understand the principles of marksmanship and essential coaching skills.
- Effective verbal and written communicator; user capable with MS Office.