Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 (once fully trained and travelling there is overseas allowance, also after probation period PRP is paid monthly)
Our client is the world leader in producing automatic machinery for the Lead Acid Battery Industry. Operating with 140 employees across the globe supplying machines to some of the biggest names in automotive engineering.
The position involves the setting and testing of capital equipment for the Lead Acid Battery Industry prior to despatch. The successful candidate will undertake commissioning in our client's overseas factories and will also be responsible for training the operators and maintenance personnel in the use of the equipment.
- Setting and testing of our client's full range of Battery Assembly equipment.
- Final testing and assembly of machinery in preparation of inspection and despatch.
- Installation and commissioning of our Client's equipment.
- Training of customers' staff at various levels at both our Client’s site and their customers' overseas premises.
- Report writing and recommendations following all site visits.
- Liaise with Sales, Production & Design teams.
- Extensive worldwide travel including weekend work and travel where required.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above but include any other task within area of capability.
- Mechanically based skill-set with a proven track record of mechanical assembly and fault diagnosis.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as micrometer and Vernier callipers with good attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Able to read and interpret pneumatic drawings and circuits.
- Fault find pneumatic circuits to component level.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits.
- Basic understanding of PLC machine control.
- Able to write concise, informative reports and offer solutions to problems.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.