Location: London, South and South East England.
£34,492 salary for roles inside London (including London weighting)
£30,546 salary for roles outside of London
Our client is the largest train operating company in the UK with more passengers, more trains and more staff than anyone else in the country. They have very ambitious plans to improve the infrastructure, technical capability and capacity of all their rail lines.
Our client is looking to train up ex-military people to become service engineers within their company. As a service engineer you will find and repair faults and maintain their fleet of modern trains. The company has depots in South London (Selhurst) and Brighton.
- Carry out repair work and routine maintenance.
- Carry out fault finding on train units.
- Carry out component changes/heavy lift as required.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from examination.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Comply with safety systems and responsibilities.
- Attend failed units outside the depot confines.
- Mentor new entrants.
Our client is looking for an ex-military person, who must:
- Have relevant, transferable military experience.
- Be physically fit.
- Be familiar with heavy military equipment.
- Be willing to learn new skills appropriate to train maintenance.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Good decision maker and problem solver.