Up to £60k (experience / qualifications dependent) + package including car / car allowance
The role of Security Architect, reporting to the Information Security Compliance Manager, will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to work closely with the business across a broad range of activities (projects, new product developments, business processes & stake holder advice) to ensure that information is used in a secure and appropriate manner.
Suitably experienced ex-military candidates are actively encouraged to apply for this role – particularly any that have QRadar skills, gained on SaluteMyJob’s free training courses or elsewhere.
Overall Job Purpose
The security of information is critical to the ongoing success and reputation of the company’s Secure Data Centre Services business. Main functions of this role:
· To lead the requirements, definition, design and technical governance of solutions in a platform, pre-sales and delivery capacity.
· To ensure all solutions are produced according to the customer and/or platform requirements and are fit for purpose.
· To lead and own the creation of architectures across multiple hardware and software platforms in a large-scale heterogeneous systems environment.
· To act as a thought leader for the implementation of new services and solutions across the data centre and customer environments.
· Lead security engagements with customers and/or internal teams to ensure design of all technical solutions is in line with the security requirements and standards
· Support customer aligned Solution Architects with Security roadmaps and improvements
· Help to shape services and products offered from the datacentre.
Design & Architecture
· Support the creation of design documentation for information security controls, technologies and standards.
· Lead the design and architectural blueprints for the Security Services technology, such as Security Information & Event Management systems (SIEM), in line with company standards
· Ensure designs are logical, complete and end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences.
· Lead on the creation and maintenance of security technology roadmaps taking emerging and future technology advances into consideration.
· Support the creation of a cost model to ensure services and platforms developed are profitable, scalable and well suited to the business model
· Act as a Security design authority for all solution designs
· Assist with the implementation of customer projects into the data centre and at customer sites as appropriate
· Assist the implementation of projects both for the data centre technology stack and for customer solutions
· Act as a security reference point for Customers, Customer Solution Managers, Technical Architects and junior staff members including liaising with the business as regards the requirements and support required for a technical solution
Planning & Transition
· Assist the creation of business and project documents (PID, Gantt, Business Case, RAID, Service Schedule), presentations and workshops to support delivery of solutions to new and existing customers and/or new platform services
· Support workshops and training sessions with support staff to facilitate handover to Business As Usual (BAU) operations
· Support on activities and tasks relating to the creation and publishing of Due Diligence reports for customer and datacentre technology estates
Standards & Guidelines
· Lead on the creation of common security requirements for all datacentre designs
· Ensure adherence to appropriate design methodology as appropriate and as specified by the business.
· Assist continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
· Assist projects to achieve accreditations as required by management and/or customer needs
· Support the production of reference architectures for services offered by the datacentre
· Act as a mentor and coach to technical specialists as directed by line management and in accordance with planned projects and enhancements to security services
· Support the capacity planning and management programme for datacentre services and/or customer solutions
· Create and own professional documentation for customer engagement, meetings and workshops.
· Assess the quality and content of technical designs produced as part of customer projects and company service enhancements.
· Support the creation of technical documentation for all platform services for the datacentre and for customer sites as directed
· Ensure technical documentation is completed to a high professional standards
· Support the creation of document standard, focusing on content, branding and quality
· Support the configuration of all technical documentation to include version control and uniform site/directory structure
· Ensure all project updates, changes and implementation are communicated to the team and customer where necessary
· Communicate with senior management to coach, report on and lead discussions on strategies for existing and emerging technologies and emerging customer needs
· Run seminars and workshops for customers, internal teams and external events for security technologies and/or technology solutions offered from the datacentre.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with a track record of working with security solutions and tan appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
· Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
· 5 years’ + experience in implementation and support of information security technologies
· 10 years’ + experience in an IT environment
· Detailed technical knowledge of Information Security configuration and controls across multiple technologies such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Encryption, IDS/IPS, SIEM, RAS, MFA, MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix/VDI, Networking, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate or comparable environment
· Appropriate certifications within Information Security (CEH, CISSP, Security+)
· Experience of compliance requirements/standards (examples ISO27001, PSN, GPG13, PCI)
· Ability to document security requirements for use by peers in solution design
· Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary issues
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Willingness to travel
· Exposure and experience of technical architecture frameworks including but not limited to TOGAF, ISEB and Zachman
· Experience of customer life cycle management, particularly pre-sales, strategy, requirements analysis, technology planning, project management, proposal writing and presentations.
· Experience of working in a multi-client environment
· Experience of Cloud technologies
· Detailed knowledge of IaaS and PaaS systems architecture
· To have SC security Clearance or be able to undergo the process of SC clearance.
· Certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, Storage (Netapp, EMC), Citrix, Networking, Checkpoint, )
· BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
· Qualifications in enterprise, solution or technical architecture to include TOGAF, ISEB and Zachman
· Experience of working in a managed services solutions provider
· Experience of delivering IT Strategies to large enterprise grade organisations
· Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (Prince2, ITIL v4, PMP, MSP)
· Experience in implementing and supporting a QRadar SIEM platform
Please apply with CV in Word and short covering letter explaining your fit to the role and earliest availability.