Our client delivers clean water to and removes waste water from 8 million customers through a network of pipes, sewers and drains. They clean the water at 1026 treatment works before it’s fit to return to rivers.
- Develop and document protective security strategies, standards and guidance to improve consistency and develop appropriate governance to ensure that they are being followed.
- Positive engagement with key internal and external stakeholders at a tactical & strategic level.
- Develop security business plans/projects and undertake assurance on delivery, including (for example) site assessments, third party reviews & support annual SEMD certifier review.
- Lead on Counter Terrorist security operations and/or other government security initiatives (i.e. Nautilus, Griffin & Submarine).
- Establish and maintain relationships with government departments and law enforcement agencies.
- Provide management information on current security trends and lead on Critical National Infrastructure / High Priority National Infrastructure physical security investigations.
- Provide physical and electronic security scopes, technical design support, advice and support to staff and third party suppliers where appropriate.
- Perform threat & risk assessments and provide recommendations of acceptable risk and risk mitigation strategies. Report to management concerns about residual risk, vulnerabilities, and other security exposures.
- Research, evaluate and recommend security related products or services, including the development of business cases for investment. Maintain Security Equipment Catalogue.
- Maintain currency with emerging security trends, risks, new guidance, legislation and standards and security enhancing technologies.
- Supervise Security Analyst.
- Develop and document physical, cyber, people and information security strategies, standards and guidance.
- Establish and manage the ongoing security assurance programme.
- Manage and report on security related enterprise risks.
- Undertake audits, e.g. site assessments, third party reviews & support annual SEMD certifier review.
- Increase physical security knowledge and awareness within business.
- Produce security business plans, strategies, scopes and designs as required by the business.
- Provide management information on current security trends, presenting these at an appropriate frequency, level and priority level depending on the audience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with government departments, law enforcement agencies & certifiers, including NCSC, Defra & CPNI.
- Provide management information on current security trends and lead security investigations.
- Engage with and get the buy in from on site staff at all levels and therefore knowledge combined with the appropriate personality traits is key.
- Significant and relevant physical security experience.
- Be up to date with current security technology so they can inform where and how money should be spent.
- Quick learner and open to ideas and suggestions.
- Ability to quickly realise a 100% solution is impossible and be prepared to compromise and flexible in their approach.
- Inclusive and open communication style.
- Experience of embedding security standards and procedures.
- Experience of applying a security risk-based approach using platforms such CCTV, AACS, PIDS/IDS or Analytics whilst utilising CPTED strategies
- Experience of undertaking a security assurance programme, security threat and risk assessments and security surveys.
- Experience of undertaking security risk assessments and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience of engaging with law enforcement agencies.
- Experience of undertaking physical, cyber, people and information security audits.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a security related discipline.
- Holds full valid UK driving licence
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong influencing skills both at senior level and front line operations.
- Leadership and people management capability.
- An understanding and empathy for the challenges of front line operations.
- Coaching mind set, developing team capability.
- Advanced user of analytical software plus Excel and SharePoint.
- CSyP and/or RSES membership
- Water industry experience
- An awareness of risk management.