Are you a Service leaver, veteran or spouse interested in a managerial or engineering job in Scotland? Would you like to gain valuable commercial experience with a multi-skilled, growing and family owned business? Our client is offering former Service men and women a unique opportunity to take part in a 4-6-week, paid 'Transition To Employment' programme, leading directly to Health and Safety Advisor, Site Manager, Project Manager or Site Engineer roles. The aim of the programme is to familiarise ex-military jobseekers with the roles, convert and/ or 'upskill' their military managerial or engineering skills to the commercial environment and give both parties the opportunity to decide whether or not to turn a temporary, 4-6 week training programme into permanent employment.
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
As the business continues to grow and develop, our client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Project Manager to manage the successful delivery of building projects.
- Be responsible for the overall management of the project
- Undertake the management of all site staff
- Drive planning of project
- Manage and control all project resources
- Ensure all Company Procedures are being complied with
- Ensure all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Procedures are followed
- Be responsible for achieving high standards of quality and workmanship on site
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are effectively monitored and controlled
- Deliver project within programme and budget
- Manage and monitor subcontractors
- Communicate effectively with the project management team
- Liaise with client and designers
- Attend monthly progress meetings and compile monthly reports
- Introduce improvements and innovations where appropriate
- Control contract costs
- Positively promote the company wherever and whenever possible.
- Demonstrate previous experience in a Project Manager role
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Experience on construction works
- Commercial Awareness: Strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and the client’s business requirements.
- Leadership skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate staff and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the Brand.
- Customer Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those initially expressed. Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long term interest
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who will be useful now and in the future in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Initiative: is able to work alone to get results in an effective way. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working. Ability to work unsupervised.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.