Salary: £30k - £50k
Our client is one of the UK’s largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established project manager or an Assistant Project Manager looking for your next step into an award winning team working on large schemes with a range of exciting clients.
As a Project Manager, you will expected to perform a broad range of duties including the following:
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the client and confirm the design brief
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and gateways
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and ensure a cost plan is prepared
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Implement and manage the project
- Coordinate the tendering process from PQQ to contract award
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Chair and administer project team meetings
- Coordinate the work of the consultants including designers and cost managers
- Monitor the progress of the project and manage a robust change control process.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the client organisation on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management
- Administer the contract in accordance with the client’s requirements
- Establish and chair regular meetings between the contractor and consultant disciplines
- Manage and advise on testing and commissioning, defects and any extension of time claims
- Oversee the practical completion and handover at the end of a project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Demonstrable project management experience of working within either the private or public sector.
- Knowledge of project management and contract forms including JCT and NEC.
- Sound understanding of one or more of the following sectors; Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier, Affordable Housing and Education.
- Competence in Project, Excel and standard software packages.
- Evidence of (or working towards) a relevant professional qualification e.g. APM, CEng, ICE and/or a Construction related degree.
Continual professional development opportunities is at the heart of our client’s working ethos; supporting employees to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary they also give you a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.