Locations: Derby and Warwick
About The Company
Our military-friendly client delivers clean water to and removes waste water from 8 million customers through a network of pipes, sewers and drains. They clean the water at 1026 treatment works before it’s fit to return to rivers.
Our client's customers expect safe clean water every time they turn the tap on and every time the plug is pulled they expect the bath water to drain away. To ensure this happens we need to look after our assets, future proof them and build more to support the growth of our communities.
The Asset Creation team ensure their customers’ expectations are met every day of every week of every year. With over a 1000 sewage treatment works and water treatment plants covering both infrastructure and non-infrastructure, there are lots of exciting programmes of work that make this a great team to be part of.
About The Roles
The Asset Creation team is made up of talented people across many disciplines including solutions and programme management. The company have a variety of opportunities within the Asset Creation team and they are looking for ex-military people to fill them!
It is a chance for you to apply your technical expertise, broaden your experience and develop strategic decision making skills. You will be involved in a range of technical and operational disciplines and will have the accountability for delivering direct benefit to our customers and the environment. You will also gain experience of external stakeholder engagement with industry experts, regulators, and policy makers.
As well as the fabulous roles, our client offer's great career opportunities within the company where you can really take control of your own destiny. On top of this they offer some excellent rewards, including 25-31 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and personal accident cover, discounts on shopping and energy bills, an SAYE scheme as well an all employee bonus based on company performance.
What roles are the company offering:
- Solution Engineer
- Assistant Solution Engineer
- Programme Engineer
The skills and experience our client is looking for:
For the Programme Engineer roles:
- Experience of Contract Law and Construction Contract terms
- Experience of supply chain management
- Experience of integrating a disparate set of stakeholders to deliver project objectives
- Strong planning and implementation skills
- Risk management knowledge and understanding
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong financial skills
- Relevant military training experience or degree qualified in an Engineering discipline
- Full UK driving license
For the Assistant Solution Engineer roles:
- Experience of feasibility studies and identifying solutions
- Experience of solution definition including risk management techniques
- Good understanding of water and wastewater treatment solutions and their associated risks and benefits
- Relevant military training experience or degree qualified in an Engineering or Environmental discipline
- Full UK driving licence
For the Solution Engineer roles:
- Experience in handling large amounts of data
- Experience in working on different projects at the same time
- Experience in articulating complex arguments verbally and in written word
- IT proficient
- Some experience of hydraulic modelling
- Experience of working closely with customers to enhance our client’s reputation
- Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Experience of Managing risk
- Full UK driving license
So if you are interested in learning more about any of these positions or more about what our client is offering, apply now!