Salary: Up to £35k
Our client delivers clean water to and removes waste water from 8 million customers through a network of pipes, sewers and drains. They clean the water at 1,026 treatment works before it’s fit to return to rivers.
Our client is seeking an ex-military person with strong planning and implementation skills to become to be responsible for projects from inception (Gate 1) through to completion (Gate 6).
The Programme Engineer will be accountable for projects both in their own right and also in support of the Programme Manager for larger, more complex projects. (Typically they will be accountable for projects up to £5M/yr which could comprise numerous small projects or a single large project.)
- Securing safe and efficient execution of the capital programme whilst supporting the Asset Creation Programme Manager.
- Developing a progressive Supply Chain by driving innovation, customer focus, continuous improvement and ensuring the continuing development and professional training of staff.
- NEC Project Management when delegated by the Programme Manager.
- Ensuring process maps are followed and deliverables are appropriately allocated and completed prior to each Gate.
- Delivering allocated projects to meet outputs and dates within the authorised expenditure through innovative and safe solutions
- Ensuring challenges and innovations are appropriately assessed and referred elsewhere.
- Gate approval submissions to business approval bodies.
- Undertaking financial management of projects to ensure financial forecasting and budgetary allocation.
- Delivering capital assets that enhance our clients reputation for delivering the highest standards and lowest charges with great people.
- Managing expert client resources.
- Facilitating handovers.
- Driving the identification and management of risks.
- Monitoring progress, identifying issues and ensuring the implementation of remedial actions.
- Facilitating the resolution of issues arising between our Client and other utilities, statutory bodies and statutory undertakers.
- Rapidly addressing incidents/accidents as and when they occur and actions are taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensuring customer strategy is planned, agreed and implemented.
- Developing commissioning plan in conjunction with the D&B Contractor.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Experience of Contract Law and Construction Contract terms.
- Experience of supply chain management.
- Experience of integrating a disparate set of stakeholders to deliver project objectives.
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
- Risk management knowledge and understanding.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Strong financial skills.
- Relevant military training experience or degree qualified in an Engineering discipline.
- Full UK driving license.