Our client is looking for several roles (Senior Account Executive/Junior Account Manage/Account Manager) to join their PR agency in its infancy and as such you will be driven, hardworking, enthusiastic and able to turn your hand to anything. You will need to be adaptable and never phased - just as comfortable in front of a group of MPs and CEOs, as you would be mingling with music producers and celebrities.
Our client is very proud of their team and they are always looking for talented and motivated people who want to join them and take their careers to the next level. It’s a great place to work with high standards and exceptional opportunities to develop professionally.
Launched in January 2018, our client is an exciting new agency offering. They are aiming to be a small, agile, news-led media agency, that delivers impactful ‘front of book’ news coverage and online equivalent. They are led by a former national newspaper journalist and their modern newsroom model approach reflects this philosophy.
Our client has launched with a mix of retained and project based clients including the Royal Albert Hall, Houzz, Deloitte, the Special Olympics and the Holocaust Education Trust.
Our client is a driven, fast paced, but creative environment, which fosters an entrepreneurial spirit – all designed to help them deliver against their ambitions over the first three years and then beyond!
Key Requirements & Skills
- A minimum of 2.5 years agency experience working on a range of consumer and/or corporate clients.
- You’ll be a highly creative, confident and intelligent PR professional who enjoys challenges and has is used to the demands of a busy, hardworking press office.
- An ability to operate comfortably across corporate and consumer briefs, with experience across a range of business sectors, including retail, charity, events, travel and food.
- Broad (and good) understanding of media - strategic media relations, news generation, crisis management, stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the social and digital landscape, and now how to exploit these channels for your clients.
- Journalistic experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
- You will be an excellent writer – from national-newspaper-enticing sells, to copy for corporate reports, to social media posts – and everything in between.
- A real media hound - you’ll love the media, have a nose for what makes a good story, get a real buzz from generating coverage, have strong media contacts and proven experience in coming up with proactive ideas that deliver measurable results in the national newspapers.
- You’ll be hungry and ambitious for yourself and for your clients, a self-starter who is always on the look for opportunities.
- You’ll also be excellent at the basics: project management, reporting and managing budgets.
- A desire to make a step change in their career progression driven by ambition.
- You will be a good team player able to play your part in a successful team – but equally be able to work on your own, using your initiative to problem solve and take decisions.
We aim to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
NB: Our client is a committed supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant. Even if you do not feel like you match the criteria set out within the job description, we would still encourage you to apply.
Whilst you’ll be working for a small start-up, the successful candidate will receive all the rewards and benefits of a big group - including:
- A contributory pension scheme;
- 25 days annual leave [up to 30 after 5 years].