Location: HMNB Clyde, located at Faslane, 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland
The role holder will act as an Instructor and subject matter expert, delivering classroom and simulator-based training to Nuclear Propulsion Plant Operators and Marine Engineering Equipment Maintainers. Additional responsibilities will include providing specialist advice as necessary, assisting with the training design process and completing associated administrative duties.
This role is within the Marine sector. The sector employs over 10,000 highly skilled people and is the UK's leading naval support business. It draws on an unmatched range of engineering and technical skills in providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy's major warships and nuclear-powered submarines, in addition to operating a wide range of strategic shore-based naval support facilities.
- Recent experience operating Naval Nuclear propulsion systems, preferably on Astute-class submarines.
- Reactor Core H experience would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of training delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge and recent experience of operating Naval Nuclear Steam Raising Plant
- Comfortable working in an autonomous role
- Engaging and effective communicator
- Hold either DIT or DTTT qualifications.
- Category A Watchkeeper in the Royal Navy Submarine Service
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
The role will be in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. This may require you to meet enhanced security and regular screening checks.