Location: March, Cambridgeshire
Our client is looking for enthusiastic and energetic ex-Armed Forces personnel to join their team based in March, Cambridgeshire. This is a great opportunity to join the Hygiene Team as a Machine Setter.
This is a night shift role, working to ensure that all work equipment is inspected and cleaned ready for the dayshift production to start.
Our client is an incredibly exciting place to work. They are at the forefront of modern food production which means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. They work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for them and their customers.
- Managing and maintaining work equipment to a high standard to avoid unnecessary loss,damage or deterioration.
- To perform manual cleaning tasks on sensitive equipment.
- To ensure that equipment is inspected and reassembled in a correct manner so that it can be made available for a dayshift production start.
- Complete daily sign offs against schedules and complete job sheets for additional works.
- Report concerns identified during the night including wear and tear to plant equipment, safety concerns and any additional requirements or support that may be required.
- Help to develop working procedures, safe systems of work and risk assessments including your own and the hygiene operatives’ interactions with equipment.
- Ensure efficiency when working through schedules to prioritise tasks according to the workflow. Dynamically adjust workload to encompass tasks around production, hygiene and engineering activities.
- Working with the Hygiene Manager to ensure that task procedures and systems of work are suitable and effective.
- Supporting the team in cleaning duties through improving access.
- Previous experience within a mechanical role.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Focused on attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to relay instructions / reports effectively.
- Good timekeeper.
- Motivated and able to motivate others.
- Able to identify issues and remedy where within personal capability.
- Ideally trained or working towards an NVQ (or equivalent) at level 2 in a mechanical based background.
- Good literacy & numeracy skills.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office – for sending emails and reports.
- Desirable CoSHH Level 2.
- Desirable IOSH – safety.
These are night shift pattern positions 1 is Sunday to Thursday and the other is Tuesday to Saturday, 40 hours per week (20:30 – 05:30 inclusive of 1 hours break).