Salary: Negotiable depending on skills & experience
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Chartered Surveyor to join their Transactional Estates Team. The post holder will initially be working on a full time commission with Blackburn with Darwen Council, providing support to the Growth and Development Team. The Council has ambitious plans for the regeneration of Blackburn and Darwen, and are seeking a surveyor with experience in operating in the commercial market to provide advice and support on valuation, acquisitions, disposals, CPO, development and site amalgamation. Support may also be required to the wider Transactional Estates Team, both within the Blackburn with Darwen Partnership and as part of our client's national Transactional Estates Tower. The successful candidate would also be encouraged to develop their own career through continuous professional development.
- To support regeneration and redevelopment activity, including engagement with developer companies, other professionals and key stakeholders.
- To provide advice from a property perspective on the options available to the client when looking at site consolidation and regeneration initiatives.
- To carry out acquisitions and disposals of a range of property types and locations.
- To investigate, evaluate and advise on property related operational requirements for clients including Property Review, Asset Management and Accommodation Utilisation.
- To prepare and review development appraisals and viability assessments.
- To carry out Landlord and Tenant work on a variety of properties.
- To carry out valuations for a variety of purposes in accordance with the RICS Red Book.
- To liaise with the Growth and Development Team as required.
- Provide asset management and valuation support to our surveying teams in accordance with professional standards and best practice.
- To manage property on behalf of clients in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
- To liaise with tenants/occupiers, landowners, other professionals including solicitors and members of the public in explaining and delivering a property service on behalf of our clients.
- To maintain accurate property data records.
- To assist the Transactional Estates team in identifying and investigating new work opportunities to grow the business.
Our client is looking for someone who can:
- Lead by example,
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff,
- Be open and honest,
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic,
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done and celebrate success,
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- Professional qualifications & a degree in a property or related discipline, and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- A strong commercial acumen with knowledge of the Blackburn and surrounding area property market.
- Experience of working in a property office environment.
- Experience of working on high level projects.
- Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation.
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues and Case Law.
- Experience of using a wide range of valuations methods and purposes.
- Experience of property marketing.
- Capable of interpreting Leases, deeds and other Property Agreements.
- Able to present written and verbal reports to clients.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills, able to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate with an understanding of valuation, GIS and asset management databases.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
- The ability to exercise own initiative, and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach to personal development.
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of operating in a Public Sector Property Services and/or political environment.
- Experience of delivering strategic land disposals and high profile regeneration projects.
- Eligible for the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.
- Ability to develop business connections with new and existing clients
Our client has a number of Strategic Partnerships with local councils throughout the UK. A number of these partnerships are mature and established over a number of years. Each partnership office is a multi-disciplinary practice which provides a broad range of professional services covering the design, construction, engineering and property markets. A broad range of technical and consultancy support is provided by a team of professionals in close liaison with their Council partners.