Location: London - Canary Wharf
Innovative, efficient and effective IT systems are essential to the successful operation of a global law firm like our clients. The information technology team keeps their global team of lawyers and Business Services staff connected, whether they are in the office or on the move.
This roles main responsibility is to scope, plan, manage and deliver packages of work, which deliver successful IT solutions to business problems and needs, to the quality required, on time and within budget.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, our client advises many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. With over 4,000 people, including 2,400 lawyers and over 2,000 business services professionals, operating from their global network of offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, our client is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
They recognise that the success of their business and their clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all their people. Their environment is one in which high performance is expected, in return, they will provide you with rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
- To scope, plan, manage and deliver packages of work, which deliver successful IT solutions to business problems and needs, to the quality required, on time and within budget.
- Matrix management of resources across technical work-streams to ensure that solutions are delivered on-time, to quality and within budget.
- To build delivery roadmaps for defined business areas/domains in consultation with senior stakeholders and other delivery managers.
- To ensure delivery complies with the appropriate governance and architectural principles.
- Create plans for delivery of packages of work including technology deliverables, costs and implementation of systems into the business in-line with the IT strategy and methodology.
- The development of effective working relationships with colleagues across IT and the business to gain commitment, support and resource to deliver technical streams of work.
- Work with the Solution Delivery & Services Operations teams to ensure successful technical delivery and acceptance into production.
- Build relationships with senior business stakeholders and contribute to the creation of roadmaps that identify business drivers that may result in IT delivery requirements.
Skills & experience
- Extensive technology delivery management experience.
- Practical involvement in all stages of technical delivery, from feasibility through to support.
- Familiarity with solution delivery methods, techniques and standards.
- Proven experience and record of successful delivery using Agile and Lean methods.
- Understanding of standard reporting mechanisms, particularly in Scrum/Kanban and how they are used to track progress, e.g. cumulative flow, burn down/burn up charts, velocity and cycle time.
- Knowledge and experience of tools and techniques in the following areas is important:
- Workshop Facilitation (e.g. for Story Elicitation, Release Planning, Release / Programme Retrospective);
- Structured Problem Solving;
- Coaching & Mentoring technical resources.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of security technologies e.g. encryption, multi-factor authentication, endpoint protection, IDS/IPS, access control, vulnerability management tool-sets, malware defences, protective monitoring, physical security controls, SIEM.
- An understanding of security concepts and principles, Ability to structure a reasoned business case for undertaking security improvements.
- Knowledge of network security devices and associated protocols.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC27001/27002:2013.
- Awareness of ISO/IEC22301, ISO/IEC27035 and ISO/IEC27005.