Location: South of France (live-in)
Salary: €4k to €6k per month dependent on experience, qualifications and suitability etc.
Our client requires a couple to carry out the normal duties associated with top grade Guardian / Housekeeper role.
The main house is a medium-sized luxury Villa of 300 m² located in a scenic setting in the south of France.
The house, although not large, is kept spotless and the owners expect the in-house staff to operate the Villa to the same cleanliness and presentation standards as a five-star hotel.
The house has only four bedrooms and is mainly used by the owners as a retreat and is predominantly occupied by only two people with occasional guests.
Whilst normal entertaining takes place during the peak summer months with a modest number of both staying and non-resident guests the owners, who are English, are reclusive by nature and prefer to use the house as a private retreat.
When in residence the owners go out rarely and tend to remain based in the Villa for most of the time. The Villa is currently used for 3 to 5 months of the year but the owners may choose to increase or decrease this. During the summer months additional personnel are sometimes brought in to assist when the house activities warrant additional support staff.
The Ideal Candidates
- Precise with great attention to detail
- Pet friendly with experience of handling pets
- Courteous and polite - understand service mentality and “front of house” image
- Flexible in approach
- Smartly dressed and neatly turned out at all times in smart casual attire (preferably white shirt and dark trousers)
- Competent at good quality home cooking (Italian style preferred)
- Practically minded and resourceful
- Able to carry out Handyman/woman type jobs
- Competent at the upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of furniture and fabrics including liaison with outside specialists where required
- Experienced in a similar position
- In possession of a full Driving Licence
- Computer literate
- Cleaning to a very high standard (5 Star Hotel)
- Generally running the Villa to a five-star hotel standard.
- Carry out the laundry requirements of the Owners and Villa.
- Basic interior and exterior maintenance.
- Handyman/woman type jobs.
- Basic gardening (minimal amount as external gardener is contracted already).
- Sweeping and cleaning of exterior terraces.
- Basic maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Basic maintenance of external furniture.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records, house inventory and consumables lists.
- Writing and maintaining a house operations book (Word document on PC) listing all details of the day-to- day requirements and operating procedures of the estate.
- Food and beverage provisioning.
- Keeping an inventory of the house contents, wine/drinks cellar.
- Cooking in the off season.
- Assisting the contract chef with cleaning up and tidying of the kitchen (during high season an external chef is usually bought in to cook lunch and dinner).
- Table service
- Looking after the resident cat (who lives in the staff accommodation when owners are away) and the owners small dog who visits for the summer months.
- Basic maintenance and cleaning of vehicles based at Villa.
- Driving the owners and guests when required.
- Overall running of all aspects of the Villa’s upkeep and maintenance including liaison with all local third-party contractors.
- Putting out all sun cushions and setting up all terraces daily and then putting away items again at night.
- Receiving of guests.
- Serving meals and drinks throughout the day.
- Carrying, unpacking and packing guests bags when required.
- Booking restaurants and other general arrangement requirements of owners and guests.
- Buying and arranging of flowers.
- Dressing of the Villa/exterior terraces for dinner parties and special occasions.
- Supervision of children and pets required.
Staff Accommodation & Transport
The staff accommodation is located around 300 m from the main house.
The successful couple will have use of a large, recently modernised, one-bedroom, staff apartment of circa 150msq which is well separated from the main house.
It has attractive views, three private terraces and a very large saloon with large real log burning fireplace.
The apartment has recently been completely refitted and redecorated with new kitchen, new bathroom, new air conditioning and new furniture.
Non exclusive use of a house based vehicle is offered when carrying out house duties.