Location: City of London
This role involves working alongside the finance coordinator to ensure the timely processing of IT purchase orders & invoices. You will also be responsible for the general oversight of IT spend, carrying out variance analysis and commentary on a monthly and Year-To-Date basis. You’ll work with the IT managers on the production of annual budgets.
This role is suitable for someone from the Armed Forces who has financial management experience and/or is recently qualified as an accountant.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, our client advises many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. With over 4,000 people, including 2,400 lawyers and over 2,000 business services professionals, operating from their global network of offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, our client is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
They recognise that the success of their business and their clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all their people. Their environment is one in which high performance is expected, in return, they will provide you with rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
- To work collaboratively with the IT Finance Coordinator, ensure the efficient, effective and timely processing of IT Purchase Orders, goods received and invoices managed through London;
- To support EMEA IT Managers with their individual budgets through the maintenance of a budget spreadsheets;
- The production of clear and regular budget updates on the Monthly and Year-to- Date spend plus Full Year revenue and capital expenditure;
- Interpret and analyse all variances and provide recommendations for action, and ad-hoc queries as they arise;
- Maintain monthly full year forecast, which contributes to the Global IT position, and support the Budget setting process;
- Find innovative solutions to add value or efficiencies to IT processes, as part of IT Service Management;
- Comply with Risk management obligations and responsibilities
Qualifications & skills
- A part or newly qualified accountant and/or demonstrating relevant financial management experience;
- Intermediate Excel & MS Office skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team contributor with a good sense of humour;
- Good communicator/presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail but able to see the big picture;
- Principled but pragmatic, with a willingness to question and learn;
- Can work under pressure and to deadlines, able to be proactive and prioritise to manage team and stakeholder expectations;
- An understanding of the dynamics of a large IT budget (preferable);
- Familiar with IT contracts (preferable).