Salary: £32-35k (depending on experience level)
Our client is looking for ex-military personnel with an electrical and mechanical engineering background to join their team. You’d be installing, commissioning and servicing process equipment, working within a variety of industries including defence and oil & gas.
Our client's goal is to build a highly profitable group of companies, specialising in technology for the containment and control of liquids and gases in pressure systems. Their strategy to achieve this is to identify and develop, profitable niche opportunities in growth sectors for pressure products and services through a combination of organic initiatives and acquisitions.
In pursuit of this strategy, the Group serves four core markets:
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial Gases
- Alternative Energy
- Install, commission and service upgrade the process equipment.
- Install, configure and calibrate equipment.
- Train staff in the safe use of the equipment.
- Carry out scheduled and reactive maintenance.
- Data/trend logging and implementing on site solutions.
- Represent the company as the first point of contact for the customer’s on-site staff.
- Supervise sub-contractors on-site for health, safety & quality compliance.
- Promote sales of additional/replacement equipment and services to customers.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Manage cost and time constraints.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
- Be part of an on-call rota.
- Identify customer requirements on-site and present potential solutions.
- Maintain an overview of personal work with a focus on improving time, cost and quality.
- Contribute to the process of reviewing designs for new projects with a focus on previous lessons learnt.
- Coordinate between customer representatives on-site and the project/operations management team.
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external customers.
- Available for regular nationwide travel (with occasional international travel).
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the company products and services.
- Adhere to the company's Health & Safety Policy and Quality Management System.
Relevant Skills & Qualifications
- Both an electrical and mechanical engineering background
- Technical knowledge of compressors, pumps, motors, VFDs, PLCs, electrical software/hardware.
- Process knowledge and background ( e.g. ex-Army/RN/RAF, Waste-water treatment, Offshore or Petrochemical)
- Site work experience
- Superior technical analysis & fault finding/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both within small multi-disciplinary teams and also alone.
- Analytical thinker - Makes complex plans or analyses, uses various analytical techniques to break complex problems into component parts, selectively examines and absorbs a large amount of diverse data.
- HND/HNC trade qualification (or time served experience in Electrical Engineering)
- SSSTS – Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme
- CCNSG (or equivalent)
- Full Driving Licence
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Shaft laser alignment experience/qualification
- Hot works passport
- H2S awareness
- Small Bore Tubing experience/qualification
- 17th Edition IOSH
- COMPEX – EX02/03/04
On top of your salary, our client can offer:
- Company van including tools & fuel card
- Company laptop and phone
- Company credit card
- 23 days holiday plus Public Holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- On-call payment
- Overtime payments/time in lieu