Location: Covent Garden, London
Salary: £25k plus benefits
Supervisory function responsible for coordinating task and resource allocation across the Estate to enhance service provision output.
The company is actively interested to see what suitable ex-military could bring to this role (probably Junior NCOs with some experience of Facilities Management or similar within the military). The Group has a wide spread of service offerings, and strong career development opportunities are available to individuals who prove themselves.
The firm recognises that ex-military are unlikely to have every aspect of the ‘Personal Specification’ outlined below, but if you can cover off 70% then we urge you to apply.
Our client is a outsourced facilities management company working with a variety of retail and office clients. They offer clients all the facilities services they require including M&E and fabric maintenance, cleaning, security, front of house, passenger services or catering services.
- Estate ambassadors supervising a team responsible for delivering world class service output on behalf of our Client, guests and visitors to the Estate.
- Work alongside the Deputy Soft Services Manager to ensure staff levels are correct and deal with ad hoc needs i.e. sickness, holiday and seasonal variances cover in line with budget requirements.
- Support the site team with managing emergency situations when requested to or required to and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Assume duty management responsibility for out of hours working (overnight supervision).
- Resolve operational issues where possible and escalate using defined processes.
- Interpretation of Client requirements to operational deployment.
- Conduct regular equipment audits to ensure machinery is fit for purpose and correctly serviced and maintained.
- Monitor and react to environmental issues and concerns.
- Maintain basement service areas to an agreed standard recognising H&S best practice.
- Ensure staff awareness and adherence to H&S / fire / environmental and safe working practices.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship management with all external stakeholders including contractors and client management team.
- Emergency response to reactive incidents and where necessary, escalate as per the crisis management procedure.
- Develop and empower cleaning operatives, to include setting clear objectives and managing performance in conjunction with the Soft Services Management team.
- Embrace the Company culture through effective leadership, coaching and development.
- Work in partnership with the HR department to provide support with adherence to company policy and procedures (i.e. disciplinary, absence management, team review and appraisal).
- Communicate PPM and reactive helpdesk issues to the relevant parties by radio devices.
- Plan and facilitate effective team briefings to include participation in relevant toolbox talks and regular contributory contract review meetings.
- Lead the team to take appropriate reactive actions arising from daily operational reviews.
- Active participation in MBWA to ensure high standards are achieved across the Estate.
- To achieve continuous improvement in the quality and efficiency of the cleaning services across the Estate by conducting daily/weekly and monthly structured audits.
- Assist in the recruitment process for new cleaning operatives, to include organising and participating in the selection process.
- Plan and facilitate VIP client visits and demonstrate Client brand awareness.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the Company, Client and colleagues in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Conduct any other duties deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a team.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a complex and/or prestigious environment.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to cleaning activities (COSHH/ H&S/ Risk Assessment)
Qualifications & Skills
- NVQ Level 2 - Cleaning Services
- IOSH H&S Training Acceditation
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Foresight & the ability to plan effectively
- Excellent & creative problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times