Location: East Grinstead
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 73,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. They work with clients across a range of sectors, including local government, central government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations.
Our client is seeking an ex-military person, with water sector knowledge and experience, who is approachable, flexible and keen to work as part of an existing team. A confident self-starter who can work equally on a wide range of projects to differing specification. The successful applicant will join the water and M&E team working for the Lead Engineer within a developed small team environment involved in a wide ranging role which could include (project dependent) design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part time site supervisory roles on both clean and wastewater construction sites schemes.
- Ensure compliance with current industry standards and to work with all stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes, be able to produce clear and concise written documentation. for operational staff who undertake ongoing operation and maintenance of plant.
- A degree of building services work including small power, lighting, electrical distribution and security and fire alarm systems.
- Work out of the home base area in remote areas, and as such personal transport is considered a prerequisite.
- Liaison with site based operational and maintenance staff.
- Provide a complete mechanical/electrical/civil solution within tight timescales and to tight budgets.
- BEng or MEng in Electrical Engineering
- The candidate shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of electrical design within the water industry (both wastewater and clean water structure) including an understanding of operation and control functions within MCC panels as well as ICA equipment.
- The applicant shall be able to carry out electrical design and cable calculations as well as having an understanding of control and automation systems.
- Knowledge in HV systems would be beneficial.
- The candidate shall require an understanding of Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements, including safety requirements within the water industry.
- The applicant shall be able to understand P&IDs and be able to produce single line diagrams for electrical distribution systems as well as have experience in producing electrical specifications. Evidence of this will be required at interview.
- Evidence of continual CPD development within the water and electrical sectors are considered essential.
- Good communication skills and computer literacy including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft projects are all considered essential and the candidate will be requested to show previous examples of such skills.
- The candidate will require the ability to be diverse and flexible in nature to meet the changing roles of the employer dependent upon the demands of the commissions.
- An understanding of MCC functionality and design, electrical distribution and power generation is required.
- A basic knowledge of Telemetry, remote monitoring and SCADA systems is advantageous as is knowledge of pump control using PID control of VSD’s.
- Involvement within CPD activities for both their current and previous employers as well as the IET would be considered favourable.
- Any knowledge and understanding of wastewater operational requirements, water and wastewater process design and MEICA inputs would again be considered advantageous but not essential.
- Some experience in the building services sector including HVAC, small power, lighting and security & fire systems.
- An understanding and basis experience of a number of differing forms of contract works.
- An ability to be diverse and flexible in nature to meet the changing roles of the employer dependent upon the demands of the commissions.
- An ability to be able to use Amtech is required and the ability to use a CAD package including AutoCAD would be considered an advantage plus any building services design packages such as Hevacomp, IES or Cymap.