Location: Swinton, Manchester
Our client is a leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
As their Electrical Engineer you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing clients with high quality design and management of mechanical projects and surveys. Your role will also see you supporting the building and compliance surveyors with your specialist knowledge of electrical services, and assist in the delivery of annual short term and long term cyclical repair programmes.
- Design and supervision for and on behalf of clients, all design aspects of the electrical services in a variety of properties.
- To advise clients via feasibility studies of potential for schemes and estimated costs.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health and Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations.
- To undertake and co-ordinate building projects and maintenance within the terms of funding agreements/service specifications for Electrical Services.
- To deliver the schemes within budget and in accordance with prescribed standards and timescales.
- To manage own workload and to ensure commercial viability of delivery.
- Undertaking electrical condition surveys of client's property portfolios including schools, report writing along with maintaining and collating and updating survey data.
- Evaluate condition surveys into long term cyclical needs assessing whole life costing for assets.
- To support the delivery of key areas of compliance inspections and monitoring including asbestos, fire risk assessments, fire fighting equipment and systems, water hygiene, electrical inspections, mechanical systems including air conditioning and ventilation and lift maintenance.
- Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with IET or equivalent membership of a professional institution.
- Ideally will be a Degree qualified Electrical Engineer and have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadline and budget.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health and Safety, CDM, Building Regulations.
- Possess the ability to survey a building, identify electrical defects, produce reports and asset management plans and provide recommendations with costings.
- Possess the ability to design specify and tender and manage appropriate electrical contracts to completion.
- Possess the ability to produce scale drawings using AutoCAD or similar.
- Knowledge of Design software i.e. Relux Dailux Amtech Hevacomp etc.
- Be IT literate with excellent IT skills using MS Office packages.
- Possess excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of education and local authority corporate building stock.
- An awareness of current education issues, implications and applications.
- HV, pumping, power generation and CHP.
- Experience of JCT contracts.