Location: Worcester & Bromsgrove
Salary: £23-24k + shift allowance & overtime (OTE £30k+)
Our client is a leading utilities company in the Midlands and mid-Wales. Their customers, and the communities that they live and work in, are at the heart of everything they do. Their vision is to be the most trusted company in their field by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. They want their people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as they believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success.
This role provides an effective installation, repair and maintenance service on the client's infrastructure assets. You will be seeking to respond to and resolve any issue raised by a customer or member of the public. The role will involve liaison with other departments and work with the client's Contract Partners to deliver effective installation, repair and maintenance service.
- Carry out a wide variety of tasks on the distribution network.
- Responsible for the delivery of work scheduled to him/her in accordance with the Companies service level agreements or customer service standards.
- Accountable for their own health & safety and have a duty of care to their colleagues & anyone affected by the work they do.
- Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards, e.g. – hygiene, NRSWA (New Roads and Street Work Act) and environmental.
- Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with the Companies policies and standards with an aim to deliver the job right first time.
- Carry out distribution operational activities on site e.g. tracing mains and apparatus, customer warning, simple / low risk valve operations including valving for interruptions to supply.
- Undertake the full range of duties involved in delivering an effective repair and maintenance service (including cleaning).
- Mentor & train new trainees as required.
- Knowledge of current UK health & safety legislation
- IT Skills & computer literate.
- Experience in a problem solving role where repairs are carried out.
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience / training in a similar utility based industry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complicated technical messages in a simple way.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customer in a face to face environment.
- Maintain a positive outlook at work, remain flexible and accept new ideas and change initiatives
- Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate problems and interpret findings clearly
- Ability to make decisions and assess work required to solve a problem.
- Accuracy skills to be able to record data correctly into a handheld device.
- Ability to work well as part of a team but also alone using own initiative.
- Physically fit with the ability to work outdoors in all weathers.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- National Water Hygiene Card
- Parts C1 & E of the UK Driving Licence.
- HGV Driving Licence.
- Mains & Service Laying Training.
- Underground Cable Detection.
- Manual Handling Training.
- Mini Digger / JCB Qualifications.
- Lorry Loader Training.