Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
This role involves the efficient running of the distribution departments, ensuring H&S standards are met and maintained and ensuring intake and departure is managed efficiently. The successful candidate will need to have logistics and team leader experience.
You will be responsible for ensuring accurate stock control whilst providing 100% service level to internal and external customers in distribution. You will also be key in improving behavioural safety, and driving safety improvements for the distribution Departments.
Our client is an incredibly exciting place to work. They are at the forefront of modern food production which means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. They work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for them and their customers.
- Ensuring daily orders are despatched to 100% Customer Service Level (internal and external customers), via physical stock checks of picked product and available pick area stock, against stock reporting data.
- Maintaining accurate stocks at all times to physical stock quantities in storage areas. Investigating variances to expected receipts whether cases or kg’s, resolving and reporting on receipt errors. Making sure all product receipted on arrival.
- Working in close liaison with product and production management teams to identify non-standard stock control movement (rolling/forward stock types).
- Investigating all instances of over/short pick from load preparation, reporting via KPI pick accuracy by operative and customer.
- Stock rotation is carried out continuously, using oldest stock at all times unless advised by production or product management teams.
- Assisting with removal of over production from despatch picking and storage areas.
- Investigating cycle counts, recording and reporting details of why the cycle count has been completed. Issuing reports to production, product management and accounts teams.
- Ensuring promotional products are used only during promotional periods, identifying and quarantining from use when necessary to prevent picking and loading errors, and removing potential depot rejections.
- Highlighting and reporting at departmental safety meetings, and monthly Distribution meeting, all incidents and accidents.
- Ensuring that all relative company Health and Safety and Technical Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
- Completion of training for seasonal staff working for Distribution, working as a departmental trainer. Ensuring Safe Working Procedures are followed and adhered to. Sign off training schedule for all employees when safe operating methods have been achieved.
- Providing additional training when necessary to reduce incidents and accidents, reducing damage/repair costs.
- Working with the Safety Advisor and Distribution Leaders to improve Behavioural Safety within the Distribution Department. Discussing with individual operatives when behavioural safety issues are observed, advising Team Leaders of instances, via reporting function, and participating in accident incident investigations.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Safety Team, completing necessary reports as per policy.
- Daily monitoring of ISM data from all forklifts, and raising profile of accident repair costs. Reporting on number of recorded ‘hits’ daily and any damage incurred.
- Completion of Safety auditing and advising implementation of new procedures to improve.
- Liaising with Quality Team to achieve +95% on daily Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audit result. Advising best practices to operatives within the teams.
- Helping to drive recycling initiatives forward and ensuring best practices is followed at all times.
- Make sure all SSOW and Risk Assessments are up to date and all staff signed up.
- Monitor Distribution KPI’s daily/weekly and make sure the cost is managed correctly.
- Make sure rota is up to date and in place for at least four weeks ahead. Inform staff about any changes. To keep within working hours policies.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Internal communication – Main methods of communication: Telephone, email and face to face.
- Planning of use of stock types by depot date with production teams.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Safety Team, completing necessary Safety Reports, and completing any actions which result from the investigation.
- Weekly meetings with Distribution Team to discuss daily safety issues.
- Discuss all Health and Safety issues with distribution leaders and Health and Safety Team.
- Providing the necessary safety training for all staff when required via planning with Training Department.
- In liaison with clients Fresh Stock Controller.
- External communication – Main methods of communication: Telephone and face to face.
- Welfare and discipline of staff.
- Create an understanding and philosophy amongst all staff in achievement of high standards of workmanship, hygiene and tidiness at all times.
- Keep all staff updated on new legislation and initiatives.
- Make sure all PPE standards in place, and all PPE equipment supplied and worn correctly.
- Completion of yearly EPR’s for Distribution operatives.
- Support recruitment, learning, development and succession throughout area of responsibility to ensure that current and future strategic business objectives are met.