Location - We are recruiting in London, Reading, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
Work Pattern – Permanent.
Salary: £60,000 plus benefits
Cyber Risk & Security. Everybody’s talking about it. Every major corporation is concerned by it. The Government is investing £1.9 billion in tackling it. We’re shaping strategies and transforming technology to minimise it and we need you to join us. You’ll build strong relationships within a Cyber practice with some 300 FTE extremely talented individuals. Our team brings together people who graduated in everything from Philosophy to Law, Maths and Computer Science. Join them and you will operate at the cutting edge, enjoying the kind of professional development that will set your potential free.
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are increasingly interconnected. In a world of uncertainty when doing business on a global basis, the resilience of operations has become a board level issue. Their Cyber Resilient offering which helps organisations anticipate, plan and prepare for a full range of events, from predictable and common to worst case scenarios. Within the Resilient capability, Wargaming helps clients prepare for potential Cyber incidents by developing coordinated responses and identifying areas for improvement, through the simulation of Cyber incidents (“wargames”).
For the most part this involves designing effective scenarios and exercise programmes, to assess the readiness of technical, operational, and strategic teams to a cyber incident or crisis. This will include: reviewing current incident response processes; interviewing internal client teams and stakeholders; working with threat intelligence to identify likely incident types and scenarios; and building credible and realistic exercises to meet the clients overall business objectives and meet their success criteria.
The role of a Consultant/Senior Consultant is to assist in the design and coordination of simulations of Cyber incidents, which include desktop exercises - in which client teams exercises their response plans and processes– and simulation exercises, which take place in a realistic, ‘live’, controlled environment.
Ultimately, our team’s objective is to better prepare our clients to minimise the operational impact of a cyber incident or crisis by both stress testing their response plans and rehearsing their decision making and under duress.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant focused on Cyber within Risk Advisory, you will typically have:
· A creative mindset will enable you to solve clients’ issues whilst thinking around corners;
· You will bring innate ability to lead teams, inspire colleagues and act as a trusted business adviser;
· You will deliver cyber-related engagements with our clients, working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues and clients;
· You will contribute to the development of our teams by training and coaching;
· You’ll be contributing to the creation of new Cyber related services and the development of existing services;
· You’ll be keen to increase the eminence of the Deloitte Cyber practice and engage with some high profile clients;
· You will have the willingness to learn and develop that Deloitte will encourage through training, mentoring and coaching options.
· Responsibilities specific to Wargaming include:
· Designing and coordinating realistic, interactive Cyber Wargames, which help organisations identify critical gaps and vulnerabilities in their response plans;
· Supporting other teams across Deloitte with in the provision of Cyber Wargaming SME knowledge, including in assisting with the design and facilitation of Crisis Simulations;
· Engaging with diverse stakeholders, both business and technical, as well as C-suite level, during the simulation of a Cyber incident and guiding them through the exercise.
Your work, your choice
Your Professional Experience
· Minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience;
· Ideally at least 2-4 years’ experience in Cyber Security, Information Security, Crisis Management or relevant field;
· Previous experience of working in small to medium-sized teams, ideally across both business and technology functions;
· Proven experience of writing reports.
· Ability to solve complex problems objectively - individually and as part of a team;
· Ability to design creative and imaginative scenarios for crisis simulations;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships, either as a consultant or within an organisation;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor communications to people from a wide range of backgrounds and seniorities;
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to the delivery of high quality, complex projects including effective programme, project, financial and people management;
· Strong commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of business processes and/or supporting technology;
· Strong Windows-based IT skills.
· Familiarity with fundamental concepts in Cyber Security;
· Familiarity with Cyber Incident Response, including a foundational understanding of key technical concepts, attacker techniques, data breach incidents and threat themes;
· Familiarity with cyber incident response and management such as best practice standards, such including NIST CSIR Handling Guidelines 800-61r2, ISO 27035 etc.
· Familiarity with crisis management best practice standards, such as BS 11200:2014;
· Previous experience of event management;
· Demonstrated ability to engage with senior stakeholders and manage their expectations.
Please apply with CV in Word and short covering letter explaining your fit to the role and your earliest availability.