Location: Recruiting in London, Reading, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
Salary: £60,000 plus benefits
Cyber Risk & Security. Everybody’s talking about it. Every major corporation is concerned by it. The Government is investing £1.9 billion in tackling it. We’re shaping strategies and transforming technology to minimise it and we need you to join us. You’ll build strong relationships within a Cyber practice with over 300 exciting and talented individuals. Our team brings together people who graduated in everything from Philosophy to Law, Maths and Computer Science. Join them and you will operate at the cutting edge, enjoying the kind of professional development that will set your potential free.
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are increasingly interconnected. With the resilience of operations becoming more commonly a board level issue, The Client’s Cyber Resilient offering helps organisations to anticipate, plan and prepare for a full range of events, from predictable and common to worst case scenarios. Within the Resilient capability, their Cyber Incident Response Advisory Team is dedicated to optimising the clients’ ability to respond to Cyber Incidents.
This could involve assessing current response processes, designing operational models and documenting incident response procedures that integrate technical security operations teams with business functions such as Crisis Management and Senior Leadership. This is likely to include training and exercising all teams involved in a response, from the technical resolver groups to the Executive Committee.
The role of a Consultant/Senior Consultant is to assist clients in preparing for high severity Cyber Incidents, working in small to medium sized teams during client facing advisory engagements.
Ultimately, our team’s objective is to enable our clients to minimise the operational impact and ensure the right teams are empowered, by both procedure and operational models, when responding to cyber incidents.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant focused on Cyber within Risk Advisory, you will typically have:
· A creative mindset that will enable you to solve clients’ issues whilst being proactive, forward-thinking and being able to solve problems quickly;
· You will bring innate ability to lead and coordinate teams, build trusting relationships and motivate clients and team mates alike;
· You will deliver cyber-related engagements with our clients, working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues and clients;
· You will contribute to the development of our teams by training and coaching;
· You’ll be contributing to the creation of new Cyber related services and the development of existing services;
· You’ll be keen to increase the eminence of the Clients Cyber practice and engage with some high profile clients;
· You will have the willingness to learn and develop that the Client will encourage through training, mentoring and coaching options.
Responsibilities specific to Incident Response Advisory include:
· Supporting clients during on-site live response with non-technical Incident Management and Coordination Skills;
· Supporting other teams across the Business with Cyber Incident Response SME knowledge, including in assisting with the design and facilitation of Cyber Crisis Simulations etc.
Your Professional Experience
Qualifications, experience and required skills:
· Minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience;
· Ideally one or more of the following: ITIL (Foundation), CISSP, CIPP/E, SECURITY+, attendance at courses such as SANS 401, 501, 504.
· Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in Cyber Security or Information Security;
· Desirably proven experience of incident management/response, crisis management and/or an operationally relevant role, not necessarily in IT;
· Ability to solve complex problems objectively - individually and as part of a team;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships, either as a consultant or within an organisation;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor communications to people from a wide range of backgrounds and seniorities;
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to the delivery of high quality and complex projects, including effective programme, project, financial and people management;
· Strong commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of business processes and/or supporting technology;
· Familiarity with Cyber Incident Response including a foundational understanding of key technical concepts, attacker techniques, and threat themes;
· Familiarity with foundational information security frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST etc.
Please apply with CV in Word and short covering letter explaining your fit to the role and your earliest availability.