As our construction clients business continues to grow and develop they are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Foreman to manage the successful completion of various civil engineering projects.
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
- Ensure all Health and Safety is enforced and monitored onsite on a daily bases
- Able to supervise and complete self-performed operations
- Liaise with engineering staff, other section foremen, site management and clients staff
- Have knowledge and experience gained from a construction related environment
- Be practically minded with a hands-on approach
- Have sound technical knowledge
- Manage plant/resources and manage demand on site
- Have good verbal communication skills at all levels
- Good understanding of works undertaken by subcontractors
- Understand the Environmental and Quality aspects of construction
- Understand and ensure compliance with drawings and specification
- Be able to innovate and improve where appropriate
- Keep a site diary
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a Foreman role
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- CSR/SAFEPASS/CSCS Card
- Underground Services (in-house) as required
- Preferred – Ground Work Experience, Reinforced Concrete Experience and Structural Steel installation would be beneficial
You'll need to:
- Be able to plan and prioritise around departmental/team objectives.
- Be able to spot opportunities and problems in the medium and long term and develop new approaches.
- Have a strong attention to detail with consistently accurate results.
- Be able to work under pressure to conform to deadlines.
- Look objectively at each situation and access outcomes before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
- Be prepared to take ownership of role and pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Have a strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and business requirements.
- Maintain and manage communication links with a variety of managers.
- Present a professional image and promote the client brand.
- Identify and build strategic relationships.
- Work collaboratively and use influence to resolve issues.
- Demonstrate honesty, loyalty and commitment.
- Communicate and gain team commitment to a vision, be able to motivate staff and act as a mentor to develop others.
- Lead by example and be a role model who inspires confidence.
- Take command and give clear and strong direction.
- Be able to take personal risks and readily use new (but always ethical) methods to achieve the collective vision or goal.