Our client is a market leading developer and supplier of communications and IT systems across the Public Safety and Criminal Justice sectors. Based in Chippenham, the department you’ll be working for is the second line support team for the DS2000/DS3000 digital switch and mobile data systems used by the emergency services supporting more than 70 customers on over 130 sites.
- To provide a triage function for all DS3000 incidents logged by customers.
- To deal with incidents or problems that have been passed to the department.
- To install new technical or software requirements as defined by customers.
- To follow procedures in line with company policy (i.e. Local Procedures or ISO20000-1 defined processes) and suggest and follow-up improvements in line with CSIP.
- Have a Degree or equivalent experience in Electronics/Communications/IT related discipline.
- PC/Server Support experience (hardware and software).
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills, including remote investigation and diagnostics.
- Practical experience in TCP/IP network support including routers, switches and firewalls.
- MS Windows XP- 7 and Windows Server 2000 to 2008 knowledge, Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technologies (VMWare Hyper-V).
- Working knowledge of VOIP/SIP.
- Customer service/Customer facing experience.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must hold a full UK drivers licence.
- To provide technical support to 1st line Field Engineers, users and to external customer engineering staff.