The key aim of this role is to maintain and build relationships with your nominated clients within this large legal firm. You will be responsible for developing account plans and ensuring that you have an in-depth understanding of your nominated clients.
Strong interpersonal & influencing skills are essential for this role. You’ll need to have a strong drive to succeed and be able to react quickly to short-term barriers and setbacks.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, our client advises many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. With over 4,000 people, including 2,400 lawyers and over 2,000 business services professionals, operating from their global network of offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, our client is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
They recognise that the success of their business and their clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all their people. Their environment is one in which high performance is expected, in return, they will provide you with rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
- Work with the relevant Client Relationship Partners to set the strategy for your nominated clients within the company.
- Develop and implement robust account plans for nominated clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers of nominated clients.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the nominated clients and their businesses, and assist with the sharing of that information within the firm.
- Coach and work with partners and lawyers in the delivery of planned marketing, networking, negotiation and pursuit activities.
- Facilitate the penetration of client relationships across practice groups and the network.
- Chair or co-chair regular meetings with the client teams to ensure account plans are being appropriately executed.
- Understand the objectives of the various practice groups and regions with which the client requires interaction. Ensure practice groups and BD representatives are kept informed of major initiatives and findings.
- Prepare client reports of activities and results for the Executive.
- Identify and coordinate research with the research and pricing team with regard to client opportunities.
- Drive an innovative and profitability led approach to meeting the pricing needs of clients.
- Review the client team annually or more frequently if required to ensure it is best placed to achieve the goals of the firm.
- Appropriate undergraduate degree qualifications. Post graduate qualifications are highly regarded.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing significant clients in a professional services environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build trusting relationships with the partnership and business services management alike.
- Comfort and proficiency in effectively influencing partners.
- Political savvy within a large partnership environment.
- Inherent drive to succeed, and proven ability to develop and execute solutions to short term barriers and setbacks.
- Significant expertise in sales and account relationship management including demonstrable revenue growth over a 2-4 year period.
- Demonstrated experience building strategic business relationships and pursuing new business.
- Experience project managing major tenders and bids.
- Proven ability to plan and execute against medium term business development plans/goals.