Our client’s vision is to be the leading global law firm, advising the most prominent global corporations and financial institutions on their most important and challenging transactions and assignments.
The successful candidate will provide analysis and advice to support the Business Improvement (BI) team in the financial management of their process improvement projects and the matters which the Project Managers manage.
Prime financial contact for Business Improvement, controlling the function’s budget process and acting as liaison point for Central Finance on issues such as completeness of accruals and inter-office recharges of alternative resourcing costs/profits.
- Responsible for the review and analysis of the key financial drivers on matters and process projects.
- Responsible for monitoring financial performance against budget on matters, producing variance analysis and highlighting any trends or issues with the Project Managers.
- Work with the Business Managers and practice groups to identify areas of analysis with scope for efficiency gains.
- Provide historical trend analysis by product and model future potential scenarios.
- Independently challenge assumptions made by BI functional management to ensure accuracy of all financial outputs of the BI team whilst enhancing the sophistication of analysis e.g. quarterly reporting on AR profitability including how this impacts the practice.
- Support the BI team in dealing with ad hoc financial queries from partners and fee earners. Assistance in the preparation of presentations and reports for management meetings.
- Assist the BI team in project-related work driven by specific strategic objectives and business development initiatives.
- Knowledge share and own relationships with key Finance teams including Practice Analysis, Business Intelligence & Analysis, Revenue Control, pricing and Group Reporting. Share experience and knowledge globally through BI teams and Finance.
- Support the Alternative Resourcing Team with financial needs and evolution of reporting.
- Cross divisional contact for Project Management related queries evolving from the Business Manager community.
- University degree or equivalent
- Qualified accountant
- Confident, professional and self-assured manner
- Good attention to detail. Sees tasks through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Client service mentality
- Experience in budget preparation and review
- Detailed knowledge of management reporting techniques and skills.
- Experience and high degree of financial modelling
- High degree of proficiency in Excel
- Commercial skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong commercial awareness