Location: London SW1
Our hospitality client is seeking a qualified bookkeeper to run the day to day accounting, sales, cash and ledger management. They will support the role of Comptroller who has responsibility for all aspects of financial control including revenue, investments, cost management and budgets. The role will include the drafting of the quarterly financial management accounts and forecasts.
This role is 4 days a week. It is open to military spouses as well as ex-military personnel.
Our client provides hospitality services to both military and civilian clients through their property in London's Victoria. They provide a unique venue for conferencing, cultural events, business hospitality, and private social events in the heart of London. They are embarking on a major expansion of their activities and services and are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper to provide depth to their financial management and accounting procedures.
- Supporting the Comptroller in the financial management and cash control of the clients business.
- Dealing with sales invoices, income, receipts and payments and maintaining the ledger.
- Preparing statements showing income and payments.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Checking that accounts are accurate.
- Preparing wages and managing claims for expenses.
- Checking the clients bank statements.
- Checking the clients investment statements.
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Preparing quarterly management accounts.
- Helping to prepare annual accounts.
- Using computerised accounting systems.
- Giving administrative support to accountants when required.
- Handling commercially sensitive and valuable information.
- Supporting the clients Administrator in the management of grant applications and payments.
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Zero, or a similar a computer accounting program.
- Strong MS-Excel or other spreadsheet skills.
- Familiar with creating financial reports.
- Understanding of financial management tools including cashflow, profit and loss, and balance sheet.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Passion for accuracy and attention to detail.
- A high degree of personal integrity.
- Excellent time management.
- A workplace pension is provided.