Salary: Up to £25k
Our client delivers clean water to and removes waste water from 8 million customers through a network of pipes, sewers and drains. They clean the water at 1026 treatment works before it’s fit to return to rivers.
Our client is seeking someone to support the solution manager in the development of technical solutions for projects and assisting in the investigation and appraisal of a solution at Gate 2 that balances business risk with capital expenditure.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management of expert client solutions resources on projects and for liaising with the Solutions Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robust technical solutions.
- The successful delivery of defined solutions for projects within the required timescales and budgets.
- Supporting the outline costing, identification and assessment of suitable options and development of a safe, costed, technical solution.
- Supporting the delivery of high quality specifications and solutions at Gate 2 which are suitable for development into detailed designs by the D&B contractor.
- Contributing to defining the future operating regime of the plant.
- Supporting an adequate audit trail.
- Liaising and communicating effectively with Service Delivery, framework contractors, and equipment suppliers.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Experience of feasibility studies and identifying solutions
- Experience of solution definition including risk management techniques.
- Good understanding of water and wastewater treatment solutions and their associated risks and benefits.
- Relevant military training experience or degree qualified in an Engineering or Environmental discipline.
- Full UK driving licence.