Salary: £25,000 (with some variability depending on experience)
Our client is a specialist manufacturer of a range of Microlight flexwing aircrafts, including the QuikR which dominated the 2015 FAI World Air Games microlight competition in Dubai.
The company is in the process of consolidating operations onto a single site near Marlborough and reorganising the business and making investment in systems and processes.
They are keen to hire suitably qualified and experienced people to work in their manufacturing operation. They build up to 30 new aircrafts a year and supply spares as well as service, repair and support 4,000 aircrafts that are in use in 32 countries.
Do you want to help to manufacture the world’s best flexwing microlight aircraft?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but highly focussed world leader in flexwing aircraft manufacture.
The successful applicant must will be willing to work as a hands on member of an established team, undertaking a variety of engineering tasks such as manufacturing tubes and wires, assembling aircraft, building wings, general servicing of wings and trikes as well as other manufacturing tasks in order to contribute more widely to the success of the business.
Multi skilled staff is seen as an essential mode of working going forward and opportunities exist to work in composites and also the sail loft for those with the inclination and ability.
- Manufacture of tubes and wires for new aircraft and spares supply.
- Work on new aircraft general assembly.
- General servicing of aircraft and wings.
- Suggest possible improvements in both the manufacturing process as well as design aspects to ensure improved reliability and lower cost of manufacture and servicing.
- Ensure that reports and documentation are done to the required standards and ensuring batch numbers are recorded correctly and paperwork is signed off.
- Sufficiently disciplined to ensure that material management and issues are correctly carried out.
- Ensure that labour hours areaccurately recorded against the appropriate paperwork.
As a small company, every staff members contribution is vital to our client's commercial success. We don’t micro manage people but expect them to be self-motivated and to be productive at all times.
Therefore, our client is looking for somebody who is comfortable in their own skin, with a good sense of humour, who also enjoys working in a collegiate atmosphere, is not a clock watcher and who can be productive with the minimum supervision. The ability to muck in and also be keen to learn are also key attributes.
- Electrical Systems: An understanding of electrical systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Engineering: A skilled person familiar with all engineering practices within an aircraft manufacturing/servicing environment.
- Team Work: An excellent team member and a strong team player.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the potential to become a team leader.
- Adaptability: Able to adapt to the culture of a small specialist business.
- Versatility: Able to turn your hand to a variety of engineering tasks in the manufacturing process.
- Focussed: Pro-active, self-motivated, dynamic and sensible.