Location: Soham, Cambridgeshire
You will be working with the engineering team of this major food producer. You’ll be responsible for helping to maintain all types of farming operation machinery and equipment.
Working hours : average between 40 -55 per week, (5 shifts out of each 7 day working week measured from Sunday to Saturday)
Our client is an incredibly exciting place to work. They are at the forefront of modern food production which means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. They work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for them and their customers.
- Maintain all types of farming operation machinery and equipment, ensuring that production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Preventative Maintenance - Sound Electrical and Mechanical knowledge and experience is required to enable preventative maintenance activities to be carried out, along with fast and accurate fault finding in the event of downtime.
- Breakdowns / Fault finding - Promptly attend machinery breakdowns/malfunctions carrying out electrical and mechanical diagnostic checks. Liaise with production teams, ensuring that tasks are prioritised with the aim of keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Development of systems - Actively seek improvements to systems and procedures and continually strive to improve the way the department operates, highlight any safety, efficiency or reliability systems that can be improved.
- Responsible for supporting a working environment where all workers are safe, respected and able to grow and develop.
- Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption.
- Work closely with the engineering team and promote continuous improvement.
Qualifications & skills
- Liaise with internal/external customers/departments, as required.
- A balance of both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering qualifications / experience.
- Previous experience in an electrical or mechanical engineering role within food industry.
- Root cause analysis experience and solutions.
- Good English language skills in oral and written communication.
- Positive, team player.
- Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
- Good teamwork & communication skills.